Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-09-2015, 03:59 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by navbc View Post
Look nice
Setting up new 180 gal tank nothing in it accept base rock hoping for some suggestion
Of what type of coral and fish to begin with want to eventually have different color and assortment of soft and hard coral
Is this a trick to derail an already derailed thread?

Ok, I'll bite. Start with the types of corals you want to keep, and fish that don't eat them.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:09 AM

Masonjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Is this a trick to derail an already derailed thread?

Ok, I'll bite. Start with the types of corals you want to keep, and fish that don't eat them.
That's not the only way brad. Start with the fishes you know won't eat the coral you want to keep.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:19 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonjames View Post
That's not the only way brad. Start with the fishes you know won't eat the coral you want to keep.
Sorry, gotta disagree. If you know you're going to have both, I always suggest starting with the coral. Let it settle in, encrust, attach, not worry about overloaded nutrients, etc. Just don't add sand. Or if you do, add a goby. And acid wash it. If you're using Io salt. Otherwise, don't use sand at all. Only MB7.

This is a complicated hobby...
Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 AM

Masonjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, gotta disagree. If you know you're going to have both, I always suggest starting with the coral. Let it settle in, encrust, attach, not worry about overloaded nutrients, etc. Just don't add sand. Or if you do, add a goby. And acid wash it. If you're using Io salt. Otherwise, don't use sand at all. Only MB7.

Ahh. Well that actually makes allot of sense when I take the time to read it. Here I have a differing opion but I can see the value in what your saying. That may be good practice for many. Thanks for sharing : )
Old 02-09-2015, 04:31 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

So if you're going to add sand, you need to add an acid washed goby - if you're using IO salt.
But otherwise don't use acid at all, or is it let the goby settle in first, and then acid wash the goby before adding the sand ?
Or am I supposed to just use the MB7 in the sand, but only if I add the IO salt ?
I'm totally confused