Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 PM

The Codfather is on a distinguished road

Common law starts after 6 months of living together.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:23 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

The best thing you can do it nothing. One thing I've know is that women always win, despite who is paying the bills women always seem to have more rights in these kinds of matters. If you go legal you will loose your dog, your only hope is that she turns around and does the right thing on her own but try and make her and you'll loose.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

If it only cost you $1800 to get rid of the woman, consider yourself lucky. It's painfully unjust how the guy allways gets raked over the coals in a split up. Even is SHE was the one who cheated/at fault. Women know this, and some take every advantage of it. I have a bud who just plit from his wife. They agree'd on a settlement and he paid her out. Now she's goin back on it and wants half the house too, which, BTW, she never put a penny into..... Just makes me sic.....

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Don't worry about the dog, worry about the clean underwear and be happy there are no human babies involved. You say you've moved on from the kicking out part, you'll probably need to move on with regard to the pup as well, unfortunate, but reality. I also think it would be best if we refrain from letting this turn into a guy vs the girl fiasco. It's never pleasant, but there are always two sides to the coin and nowadays, everyone should be well aware of what a relationship entails and the consequences of the ending of that relationship. How do I know this? Personal experience, perhaps...

Last edited by mike31154; 07-14-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Sometimes it helps just to vent and I am positive we have all been there at one time or another and it may help to hear an unbiased opinion even from guy's and gals. Don't
think anyone would/could take offense as we are not envolved. He will do what he thinks
is best.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Ken is on a distinguished road
Question

Be glad it's only $1800, I'd be worried about getting new underwear asap before a lawyer, best let things cool off, and what did you do to tick her off? Regards Ken
Old 07-15-2009, 01:40 AM

michika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKen View Post
The dog has not been tattooed or chipped while i was in the picture, im not sure if when she registered him with the city for a licence, do they tattoo him there??

All vet statements i paid for with cash, so no real paper trail there.

And as for all the paperwork from the breeder to us, well im pretty sure she is hiding that quite well, if its even around anymore. But it probably has both our names on it, silly mistake. lol
Your dog would be chipped or tattooed, or both, at the vet, not by the city. I'd call your vet and ask for receipts. They'll have a record of your puppies visits regardless of your method of payment.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 AM

365seasons is on a distinguished road

So sorry to hear about your puppy!
Hopefully you can get him back.

Give her a bit to cool off, and apologize (even if she's at fault), but tell her that you want to work things out in a sensible way, to make things the easiest for the both of you.

Common law applies after 6 month of living together, but sometimes isn't official until taxes are filed together.

We're a younger couple too, and that can make things easier or more difficult, so just try and take things slow, stay calm in the process, and hope for the best.

=) Best of luck.

Saltwater 55gallon column seahorse tank

saltwater 65G mixed tank w/ 30G sump
Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 AM

KennyKen is on a distinguished road

So good news,
after an hour on the phone ive made her realize that i would give the dog a better life, and that is what is most important.

Im picking him up around 11 tonight.....
as for the underwear...that remains to be seen......

Thanks guys, its been great to read your replies.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:23 AM

iansfishy is on a distinguished road

I gotta agree with Bandit, $1800.00 is a great price to pay for freedom! oh sweet freedom....... Dont worry if the dog is still young and chewing stuff and generally making a mess of things like bulldogs do, she'll be begging you to take it back when things cool off. Meanwhile, your in Calgary and just got out of a two year relationship. If you really want help Id advise you to call a bud and get to one of the establishments downtown... Ranchmens and Coyotes always did the trick for me! Sphelps is right though, guys can be weird but women are CRAZY until like 27 or 28 years old. Come on ladies, you know im right!