Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Jordon is on a distinguished road

I think i'll start with a 10% water change to "test the waters" and then bump up to 25% then 50% in the next few weeks to flush the system.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 06-11-2016, 09:27 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Since I started using the Bio Pro S and NP Pro two weeks ago I have been getting a fluffy type of hair algae all over my tank. Nothing else is being added to the tank except Fozdown and weekly 15% water changes. Should I just stop using these products altogether or continue dosing to see if things get better over time? It's been pretty frustrating going from an algae free tank to having to brush off the rocks every two days.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw1sfu View Post
Careful with doing really large water changes with the probiotic reef salt as it may cause a bacterial bloom. You won't get this with the regular reef salt.
I started off with my usual weekly 13% water changes and then I did back to back 30% and 50% water changes one day after the other only a few weeks into using the new salt. I didn't see any bacteria bloom, but it's definitely possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
Since I started using the Bio Pro S and NP Pro two weeks ago I have been getting a fluffy type of hair algae all over my tank. Nothing else is being added to the tank except Fozdown and weekly 15% water changes. Should I just stop using these products altogether or continue dosing to see if things get better over time? It's been pretty frustrating going from an algae free tank to having to brush off the rocks every two days.
Have you tried contacting Aquaforest? They have a Facebook group that's very active in answering specific questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490485151247025/

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Have you tried contacting Aquaforest? They have a Facebook group that's very active in answering specific questions. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1490485151247025/
I asked about product availability in Canada on both their Facebook page and website and just got ignored. I can try again to see if anyone answers this question.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:57 PM

Looks like they have more than one Facebook group. The one I went on before you could message AF directly. Maybe this one will be better.
Old 06-13-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I asked about product availability in Canada on both their Facebook page and website and just got ignored. I can try again to see if anyone answers this question.
Probably because there isn't much following in Canada yet, and no one knew the answer. Right now Amazon is the only Canadian retailer of Aquaforest. I can't see any LFS wanting to carry it because the pricing/shipping on Amazon is too aggressive for LFS to compete.

Quote:
Looks like they have more than one Facebook group. The one I went on before you could message AF directly. Maybe this one will be better.
I don't know about that - I don't go on FB much. The link I gave you is the link that was provided to me. Maybe you were on the Aquaforest Page rather than the Aquaforest Group?

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:52 AM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

2 25kg boxes of aqua forest reef salt left on Amazon.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncangweller View Post
2 25kg boxes of aqua forest reef salt left on Amazon.
They lie to us. They say that and then in a few days it will say "only 7 left!" or some thing. It's hard to say how many they really have.

SPS fanatic.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:39 PM

patpare is on a distinguished road

Well I'm jumping on the Aquaforest train
I just ordered the 25kg reef salt.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:56 AM

Default Coral AEVB dosing

I noticed that the downloadable product guide says to dose these 4 products every other day but under the "Products" tab on the AF website when you look at the same products it says to dose daily with the same dosage recommendations. Anyone no which is correct? I posted on the AF Facebook page earlier today but so far no one has an answer.