Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 09-02-2013, 04:04 AM

AquaAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Winner!

Hi Everybody,

A huge thanks to the host and chef for all their work - especially the raffle draws. After all, I was one of the winners! I am going to take Rich's advice and wait for a group buy from Mad Jelly. I rarely win anything but today, woohoo!!! was I the lucky one.

AquaAddict

PS Couldn't spend too much time looking at that fab 300 gal reef tank as I was turning greener and greener so had to get out of there.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

My family and I had a great time too, sorry Shelley, didn't see your request until now.
Met some great people, some old friends and overall a awesome afternoon. Evenn with Kein there.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 AM

BobFish is on a distinguished road
Default great day

Thank a bunch for the party guys , and a big shout out to Rich and his Wife for hosting this event. Was really great putting faces to names off of CanReef, till next time....chow
Current Tank Info: 187 custom reef tank, Running ZeoVit with Vibe, Apex New Gen, Jebao DCS 12000 return pump, custom180 Euro-reef skimmer, running Mazzi venturi and mag 18pump, Lighting-2 60" XHO blue reefbrites , with 8x60" T-5, 2 Maxspect Gyre XF150,and 1Maxspect Gyre XF250 Generator with controller, 120 lbs of Tonga Branch rock, custom sump and manifold
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 AM
Islander

reeferfulton is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the great event today.. met some new friendly people.
Anthony you rocked those weber bbq's' man!! Great job.

Special thanks to Peter&Selina.and Brad and Christy for the rides today.
Sorry if the spelling is off on the names..

Rich tanks are looking amazing as usual.
Hope it happens again next year
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 AM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Thanks again Rich and "bblinks wife" for hosting this awesome frag swap , had a great time meeting new people , and the familiar faces as well. Thanks to Anthony also for the great job on the grill.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:59 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

This frag swap was sooooo much fun that I'm sure we'll have to organize one for next year. (either at Rich's or I can host if Rich & the Boss want to take a break). I know they put in a ton of work into organizing this event and it really showed by how smoothly everything went and how many sponsors donated door prizes.

And AquaAddict, I know what you mean about going with envy at the Boss's 300dd reef. I love the 3' front to back depth. Fabulous aquascaping and the corals are so vibrant, colourful and huge. Also the fish are awesome, colourful and FAT!!!!

I really liked the fact that almost everyone stayed for a long visit with fellow reefers rather than buy and dash as has happened in the past. I remember one where it was a feeding frenzy for the first half hour then 75% of the people were gone. This time we probably had 30-40 people come and at least a couple dozen stayed for over 3 hours.

Real bonus to see so many from the Island and spending time with Kein and his clan.

Anthony
Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

This was an awesome event with a huge turn out, Baus Rich and Baus Linda many thanks for throwing up your house for over 40 people bombarding it.

Definately nice to meet and chat with everyone, catch up on old times and talk reef while scarfing down the food. Big Anthony thanks for taking the time consuming roll of cooking almost the whole event, also everyone else for bringing food and bevies....

And a final thanks to all the Sponsors for throwing prizes in and making this event even better.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for coming to the swap, it was a great turn out! You guys rock.

Anthony, you did a great job manning the BBQ, food was flowing faster than coral bags were exchanging hands.

Sponsors
JL aquatics
Madjellycorals
Reefsupplycanada
Seacare products
Much love for donating to our event.

I'll post pictures up tomorrow.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-02-2013, 07:46 AM

input80 is on a distinguished road
Default TY Mr & Mrs Bblinks

Thank you very much for your hospitality. Although we were late, we got some really great stuff. It was really great putting faces to fellow canreefers & meet some that we have become acquainted with. Too bad that we didn't get to meet others also.This was out 1st frag swap ever & we really enjoyed our short visit . Hey Mrs Bblinks, your 300 is awesome, Mr Bblinks does great maintenance work there .
Old 09-02-2013, 05:08 PM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

It was a great event! Thanks again Rich and fam for letting us hang out at your place! Thanks to Chris for helping setup and Anthony for working the grill!
I took some pics, usually I take pictures if people but I couldn't help but take pictures if the display tank and frag tank!

Thanks to Reef Supply Canada! I won their GC! I guess I'm going to have to buy a new skimmer!
Thanks to all of the other sponsors of the event as well. It was definitely worth getting their name out there! Lots if reefers at this event.