Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 04-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

That green star can apparently go after your fish. I bought one for my first tank and then I noticed it attempting to trap some of my fish. Very cool little critters though.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM

Greenmaster is on a distinguished road

I am aware of that... I'm not to worried yet though... If I get some bottom dwelling fish I'll think about getting rid of him but all in all I fell safe, especially with my current tank stock.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:12 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

My green death brittle star recently died after 7 years. I never lost a fish to it but I never kept anything with it under 2" either. Anything under 2" would have been easily eaten by the lion or eel. Yours looks relatively large already but how big is it actually? The arms on mine maxed out at about 12" each.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 04-19-2011, 01:59 AM

Mine are about 6-8" each I think. I will probably through the guy in the refugium when I can get better looking stuff in my tank.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:16 PM

delo978 is on a distinguished road

Hey Green long time no see....glad to see everything is coming along after all your hard work...lol I decided to go the other way I custom made a 1.2G pico tank. I'll post a thread when i have time. I'll drop by one day and come see.

l8tr
Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delo978 View Post
Hey Green long time no see....glad to see everything is coming along after all your hard work...lol I decided to go the other way I custom made a 1.2G pico tank. I'll post a thread when i have time. I'll drop by one day and come see.

l8tr
Sounds good. When I get the link I'll take a look.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 PM

So I thought I would post a quick video of my lights turning off at the end of day.
The LEDs turn off slowly to simulate a sunset (or in morning sunrise) The start at a different time every day depending on the time of year, the time between the first set and last set turning off is the same all year though. I have 12 sets of LEDs with each set having 5 LEDs. This is the order of the LEDs shutting off. W = White at 6700k, WW = Warm White at 3000k, and B = Blue. At 0 min W, 1 Min W, 2 Min W, 3 Min W and a WW that should have gone off at 6 Min, 4 Min WW, 8 Min WW, 11 Min B, 15 min B, 19 Min B, 23 Min B, and the last set of LEDs turns off at 28 Min and is a B.
This is the times that the LEDs shut off in the edited video.
Sets of white (6700k) LEDs turn off at 11 seconds, 21 seconds, 25 seconds, and 36 seconds.
At 37 seconds a set of warm white (3000k) LEDs turn off (programing error)
The other sets of warm white LEDs turn off at 45 seconds and 52 seconds.
The blue LEDs turn off at 1:04, 1:11, 1:15, 1:26, and 1:34
http://www.youtube.com/embed/45nvyn0GU5A?rel=0

Again I can't get the video to show up in the thread like I can on most other sites... oh well you will have to click the link.

Last edited by Greenmaster; 04-24-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:02 AM

I just changed the audio and added captions
Old 04-27-2011, 05:53 AM

I got some new additions... Most of these photos were taken close to sunset so the "natural" light makes everything look bad... especially at sunset it's kinda yellow.
Halloween hermits... I got 2 they are a nice size... the shell of the large one is bigger then my male clown...

I also got some other cool fish... they are really small... but they are so cool I had to get them... and they make my tank look huge. I got two red headed gobies.

Up close.

Zoomed out a bit.

The pair up close.

Zoomed out a bit.

FTS can you even see the fish LOL! Remember there is some nasty light coming in from outside

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Looks good!!!!!