Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

How has the change affected your tank temp?

I need to get over and check this out! It's one thing to see one over coral (I still haven't) but yours is also a large tank and you're doing 2 rows which i most certainly would need to.

Your pics look better in my eyes!
Old 12-25-2011, 09:18 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

Woah, that's sweet!!!!!!!!!!
Levi do you have any tips for saving zoas/paly's? I'm getting to my wit's end with them melting for no apparent reason. I lost my Jason Fox Blood Shot's and now my Space Monsters are melting away I don't have spiders, nudi's or pox or anything I can tell that's bothering them. I do have asterina stars but they never go anywhere near my zoa's/paly's. I did notice something a couple weeks ago, there was something strange looking on the inside stalk of my space monsters(notice the dark lines inside the far left play, this is also the one that melted on me a couple days ago) They also look skinny and so do a couple other of my paly frags.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:31 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

Dude I'm still waiting on what the frags I gave you look like under LEDs lol hint hint
Old 12-25-2011, 09:32 PM

riceboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to riceboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirsphynx View Post
Levi do you have any tips for saving zoas/paly's? I'm getting to my wit's end with them melting for no apparent reason. I lost my Jason Fox Blood Shot's and now my Space Monsters are melting away I don't have spiders, nudi's or pox or anything I can tell that's bothering them. I do have asterina stars but they never go anywhere near my zoa's/paly's. I did notice something a couple weeks ago, there was something strange looking on the inside stalk of my space monsters(notice the dark lines inside the far left play, this is also the one that melted on me a couple days ago) They also look skinny and so do a couple other of my paly frags.

Try putting a bit of flow on them I find mine opens right up when I direct some flow on them
Old 12-25-2011, 09:38 PM

noirsphynx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
Try putting a bit of flow on them I find mine opens right up when I direct some flow on them
They're opening just fine, I made them close for this pic(taken a couple weeks ago).
Old 12-25-2011, 10:07 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

Sweet tank! I'm assuming your loving the Radions? How did you acclimate the tank to the LED's?

I've just started the switch, and I can tell everyone these Radions are really underrated IMO. Right now I have one side by side with a high end 400W 20k radium, and at 100% the Radion is brighter! I'm starting at 33% as to not bleach anything.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:19 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirsphynx View Post
Do a water & carbon change and see if that helps. I see allot of mystery rot both online and in my tank I have a feeling it's either some sort of coral pathogen or bacteria/ fungus, IME once the mat starts to melt it's game over so fragging the healthy location is required.

Peroxide, Fresh & Coral RX dips might help but I find stressed coral responds badly to dips regardless.Watch the zoas @ night as well, I think you might be surprised where those safe little star fish end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
Dude I'm still waiting on what the frags I gave you look like under LEDs lol hint hint
GAH! I did it again, you will just have to see them in person .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderjumper View Post
Sweet tank! I'm assuming your loving the Radions? How did you acclimate the tank to the LED's?

I've just started the switch, and I can tell everyone these Radions are really underrated IMO. Right now I have one side by side with a high end 400W 20k radium, and at 100% the Radion is brighter! I'm starting at 33% as to not bleach anything.
On full intensity they severely ****ed my zoas off, I dialed the first set back from 30% up to 100% over the span of 3 weeks. Everything is happy now, I will be doing something similar with the back row.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:57 PM

the marine apprentice is on a distinguished road

What are the dark purple centered palys with the whitish skirts called Levi??

Everything is so bright and shiny now !
mp40wes
Diablo skimmer
Mag 12 return pump also feeding two reactors
Old 12-25-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
How has the change affected your tank temp?

I need to get over and check this out! It's one thing to see one over coral (I still haven't) but yours is also a large tank and you're doing 2 rows which i most certainly would need to.

Your pics look better in my eyes!
Still sitting @ 78 during the day dropping to 75 @ night, I will get Devo to check again tonight.

Tankkk Tourrrr!!!!
But ya, right after new years I should be good whole family is deathly ill at the moment .
Old 12-25-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the marine apprentice View Post
What are the dark purple centered palys with the whitish skirts called Levi??

Everything is so bright and shiny now !
The ones in the front right? I think they are PPE (Purple People Eaters) not 100% on the ID though.