Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 02-24-2010, 03:26 AM

don.ald is on a distinguished road

i would think most would keep it in the sump?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrows14 View Post
can the vertex reactor be in sump?
Vertex reactor can be in sump or out.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Despite all problems with TLF reactor that I have, imy nitrate is going down from 20 to 15 after 2 weeks running ( and i skipped the water change)
Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 PM

dreef is on a distinguished road

Have you recieved another batch of pellets yet Ian ?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreef View Post
Have you recieved another batch of pellets yet Ian ?

Actually I received three of the 500ml but all were sold and have shipped out. I have about 30 bags of the 1000ml bags that will be here tomorrow or Monday. I believe I have 3-4 bags that are not spoken for yet.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:32 PM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Yeah, now that I've been able to resolve the clumping issues I don't have the mulm buildup anymore. I just had a tiny bit too much pellets for the phosban reactor, that's why I'm telling people now they're better off running fewer pellets than the recommendation because it will still work fine, just run out sooner, but will work better because of the increased mulm shedding.
I want the mulm ! or at least to see how it looks LOL.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:36 PM

artrye is on a distinguished road

I've been running the BioPellets since January, 2 TLF 550 reactors 500mL in each, sponges have been cut in half. Both reactors have a Maxi 1200. I just cannot make all the pellets tumble. Only half of the pellets will tumble and the other half just sits there. Is this fine?
For the time i've had my biopellets, I have slowly taken away the vodka, nitrates and phosphates are @ 0. Excellent polyp extension, clear water, I could not be more impressed with the pellets. Just wondering about the tumbling cause I dont want any type of build up in the reactor. I've tried the full 1L of pellets in one reactor, same result. I've tried a 600 gph, same result. Running out of ideas, maybe I should get a different reactor. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Canadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrye View Post
I've been running the BioPellets since January, 2 TLF 550 reactors 500mL in each, sponges have been cut in half. Both reactors have a Maxi 1200. I just cannot make all the pellets tumble. Only half of the pellets will tumble and the other half just sits there. Is this fine?
For the time i've had my biopellets, I have slowly taken away the vodka, nitrates and phosphates are @ 0. Excellent polyp extension, clear water, I could not be more impressed with the pellets. Just wondering about the tumbling cause I dont want any type of build up in the reactor. I've tried the full 1L of pellets in one reactor, same result. I've tried a 600 gph, same result. Running out of ideas, maybe I should get a different reactor. Anyone have any suggestions?
Go back one page and read post 223.
SPS Dedicated 24x24x20 Trimless Tank | 20 g Sump | Bubbble King Mini 160 Protein Skimmer w/ Avast Swabbie | NP Biopellets in TLF Phosban Reactor | ATI Sunpower 6 x 24W T5HO Fixture | EcoTech Vortech MP20 | Modified Tunze Nanostream 6025 | Eheim 1260 Return Pump | GHL Profilux Standalone Doser dosing B-Ionic | Steel Frame Epoxy Coated Stand with Maple Panels embedded with Neodymium Magnets

"Mens sana in corpore sano"
Old 03-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Alohatropics

Hi everyone,

I have a question. I've been running Zeovit with Biopellets within the same KZ 6L reactor. Have you guys stopped dosing ZeoStart2? I was assuming that since NP Biopellets is already a carbon source, it would be unnecessary to dose Start2 as this would be dosing even more carbon.

For those running a hybrid system like this, please let me know if your doing the same, thanks
!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Moved on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohatropics View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I've been running Zeovit with Biopellets within the same KZ 6L reactor. Have you guys stopped dosing ZeoStart2? I was assuming that since NP Biopellets is already a carbon source, it would be unnecessary to dose Start2 as this would be dosing even more carbon.

For those running a hybrid system like this, please let me know if your doing the same, thanks
!
We do not recommend running the two together in the same reactor, the pellets need to be tumbled aggressively separate from the Zeolites. I would still dose the Start2 but at a reduced rate.