Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet ride View Post
riceboy your too kind! thank you!!!!

the system maintenance is as follow, 10 gallon water change weekly the skimmer and glass is also cleaned at the same time, carbon and GFO change monthly. I dose CAL & ALK around 50ml of each 4 times a day I also dose 5ml of vodka and 4 ml of coral snow daily.
Is coral snow food for the corals?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Gorgeous scape and coral wow! I'm guessing you strap t5s to the sides of the tank for a few hours during the day to keep those shaded ones purdy =)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:07 PM

sweet ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Is coral snow food for the corals?
I wouldn't say coral snow is a food but more of another filtration devise per say! I use this along side the vodka, as most people are aware sometimes the use of carbon such as vodka could kick start red slime this coral snow keeps the red slime in check.

on a side note here is what they say about this product "Coral Snow neutralizes undesirable acids and is a solution against slime algae and cyano bacteria."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Gorgeous scape and coral wow! I'm guessing you strap t5s to the sides of the tank for a few hours during the day to keep those shaded ones purdy =)
thanks lastlight!!!! strapping T5's on the side of the tank now there is a new enovation!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Your tank looks fantastic and I love the contrast in your pictures. Truly amazing work all around.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Your tank looks fantastic and I love the contrast in your pictures. Truly amazing work all around.
Thanks for the kin words sphelps!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Here are a few update photos..... all taken under two ATI Coral+ and two Reef Brite one XHO and one normal output both are all blue.

this one was given to me as RR Avengers, as you can see it's completely different to what you would typically see when you google RR avengers - will ask Jay again to verify........

this one is suppose to be RR Red Dragon.....

this is what I was able to save about a year ago from my old blue tort. If I didn't know any better I would say this is not the same coral....

and this one is the RR Purple Dragon not purple at all.... this is more of my system than anything else as it was purple when I first got it..... hopefully it will bounce back.....
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet ride View Post

this one was given to me as RR Avengers, as you can see it's completely different to what you would typically see when you google RR avengers - will ask Jay again to verify........
Wow, those look great! ya, this one looks like a Fire & Ice enchinata to me. And your "red dragon" looks like my blue dragon.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

wow that first pic is just stunning! the details and colours are incredible thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

Beautiful Tank. Hopefully you haven't already answered this question in this thread but I'm just curious how you attached your live rock to each or are they just placed very strategically?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Wow, those look great! ya, this one looks like a Fire & Ice enchinata to me. And your "red dragon" looks like my blue dragon.
thanks kien! ya, that one does look like fire and ice enchinata, as I have one of those also just need to get a good photo of it! I didn't even know there was a blue dragon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
wow that first pic is just stunning! the details and colours are incredible thanks for sharing.
thanks for the kind words lastlight!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Beautiful Tank. Hopefully you haven't already answered this question in this thread but I'm just curious how you attached your live rock to each or are they just placed very strategically?
Thanks Jaws! the rock work are pegged together using a 1/4" or 1/2" acrylic rods. I was originally going to use epoxy but after I pegged them I didn't see the need for it anymore, since then sponges and encrusting corals made the structure even more attached to each other.

Tags
aquarium, coral, peninsula, rimless, sps