Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 08-27-2015, 03:58 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Well the tank is settling in nicely. After the tank's absolute over-reaction to the epoxy, I'm starting to see colors coming back. Finally. Really though, the tank had a lot going against it. First, I did tank transfer. 9 days later I added a whack of SPS frags. A week or so later I epoxied everything and the system became extremely stressed because of this. At that point most of the frags in the system were 100% brown - like not a hint of color. So now that I'm beginning to see color again, I'm quite happy!

Also, FWIW, I took a video of the Blennies during feeding, bt it's not uploading properly. Once I figure that out I'll post it. The Anthias in the QT got their first dose of Cupramine today. Dang, I was hoping they could go in the tank soon! I did put the quarantined SPS frags into the display tank today (freaking out a bit) so I could medicate the Anthias.

This tabling piece I bought just before the tank transfer (late June). It was entirely cream/beige when I bought it. Now I'm seeing what may be purple tips - eee!

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 08-27-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:12 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Glad the A. sarmentosa is doing good for you! Looks to be glowing already Is the green base with pink tips a pink lemonade?
Old 08-27-2015, 04:13 AM

Glad the A. sarmentosa is doing good for you! Looks to be glowing already Is the frag with the green base with pink tips a pink lemonade? Sure looks like it could be!
Old 08-27-2015, 04:32 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Oooo, pretty corals Mindy
Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 AM

maron6977 is on a distinguished road

Looks like you have some nice stuff go'in on there !
Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Can I get some of the epoxy to nuke my tank with so my stuff colors up so nice after :-)
Old 08-27-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4
Oooo, pretty corals Mindy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maron6977 View Post
Looks like you have some nice stuff go'in on there !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdillman View Post
Can I get some of the epoxy to nuke my tank with so my stuff colors up so nice after :-)
Thanks guys! Yes, free epoxy for everyone!!! Although I did lose I think 4 frags in the disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Glad the A. sarmentosa is doing good for you! Looks to be glowing already Is the frag with the green base with pink tips a pink lemonade? Sure looks like it could be!
Yeah, it's starting to glow! The green/pink one definitely could be a Pink Lemonade or something similar. It grows painfully slow. That's 2 years of growth you're seeing, but it started from a 1/2" brown little nub and was in my frag tank with many leathers for most of that time. An out of town lady brought it and a bunch of other pieces into Bayside when they shut their tank down. She had forgotten the names of all of them, so I bought it on a whim, and was quite happy when it started to color up and grow. I bought some something else from her too, but can't think of what it might have been.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:16 AM

Mine has been a slow grower as well. It's been investing a lot of energy into spreading out it's base and has only recently started showing signs of upward growth. I think I am going to have to mess with my flow, it's to direct. The MP40's a causing some weird growth
Old 08-28-2015, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythanith View Post
Mine has been a slow grower as well. It's been investing a lot of energy into spreading out it's base and has only recently started showing signs of upward growth. I think I am going to have to mess with my flow, it's to direct. The MP40's a causing some weird growth
Mine has never been too concerned about spreading the base. You have a lot of corals that are doing that. I think I have significantly higher flow than you do because I don't have (m)any LPS that I have to worry about blowing the flesh off of.

A couple new pics of the clam. I can't quite catch the blue in it - it's bluer than the photo, also the pattern is sharper. I just can't really get it right.

Here are the two LPS that are allowed to stay in my tank. The Rainbow Trachy I've had for several years now - it bleaches at the drop of a hat. This time it has a good reason as it's had a hard time getting used to the new lights. The Space Invader Pectina is also a bit bleached, but not as bad.

SPS fanatic.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:40 AM

Space invader looks great! Looks like it's been doing some wild drugs though haahaa. That's a great growth pattern! Mine is flatter, with folded lobes. You see less of the raised skeletal features. I wish mine did more of that. Easier to frag like that as well.