Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 01-15-2013, 11:44 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_man16 View Post
Still looking for more tho. What is a fair price for a registered purebred? Most are $1200, which seems steep to me.
If you want it registered to breed registered puppies then expect to pay a lot. If you don't want to breed it then I wouldn't worry about a piece of paper as the dog really doesn't care what the paper says anyway and spend less than half.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
If you want it registered to breed registered puppies then expect to pay a lot. If you don't want to breed it then I wouldn't worry about a piece of paper as the dog really doesn't care what the paper says anyway and spend less than half.
It kills me to see that kind of price too. I have papered Border Collies, they cost anywhere from $300 -$500 with no breeding restrictions.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
It kills me to see that kind of price too. I have papered Border Collies, they cost anywhere from $300 -$500 with no breeding restrictions.
Maybe they need to breed some blonde Border Collies so they can charge more for them.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 AM

axe_man16 is on a distinguished road

I can find unregistered dogs for $300-600 but they are backyard breeders and i just feel leery about trusting someone who has no clue about the history of their own dog.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
Not sure where the previous posters are getting there info from, but

Steve
..........experience, 35 yrs of grooming them and 30 yrs of training.
All the so called top ten smart breeds are based on how easy the breed is to train and just because a breed is eager to please humans doesn't necessarily make it intelligent. It's a sad fact that a lot of truely intelligent dogs end up being put down because of "problem" behaviour

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 AM

Reguardless of what people think of the breed I like them and I am still on my search for a breeder.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by axe_man16 View Post
Reguardless of what people think of the breed I like them and I am still on my search for a breeder.
They are a wonderful dog and I would recommend them to anyone with a young and active family.......I was just defending my opinion

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 01-16-2013, 12:39 AM

No problem at all, i do always appreciate peoples opinions, and we are a fairly active couple and young couple. I wouldnt mind a running partner either.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She's excitable, that's all
but it hurts

Quote:
I don't agree on seeing both parents. Someone with a good bitch should breed to the best stud they can, even if it's an out of town dog. For me, someone owning both dogs is a warning bell for backyard breeder.

If I were looking for a GR, I'd look at working lines.
Don't mean that they own both, my breeder doesn't another breeder that lives a few miles away owns the dad. but every one I talked to when I was looking even 6 different breeders all said that the sir and damn should both be available for viewing untill the puppies are gone, so when they use an out of town sir they all said they make arrangements for people to view if they want to, and at the very least they have the full pedigrees available with pictures. a couple even said when the puppies are born they bring the sir back untill they are sold, so guess different idea's going on, but no not one of them would own both, except for one who bought a male puppy from a certian line to bring into hers, but she was out of burnaby and he dog were over priced concidering all she had was potential and no proven sucess. I think she wanted 2K for a pet.

as I mentiond befor anyone who uses goldens under 2 years of age for breeding is some one to stay away from also, can't rule out hip displacia (how ever it is spelt) unill they are 2

working and show lines in Golden's are very blurred now, mine is a working line that wouldn't have been allowed in competition 30 years ago because it has a darker coat than the old show lines. but it is all proper in proportion and hight, although he is 5 lbs over weight right now. I believe the top retriever in new west minister this year was from a working line, but what is important is the matching for the breeding work or show, doesn't matter as long as they come from healthy breeding pairs, you going to brush a working retriever just as much as a show one, and be prepared for that, they mat so fast if you put off a brushing, and the hair they shed is nuts..

one thing I found is that is you want a more affectionate retriever get a male, if you want one that is more independent and aloof get the female. I got the male.

also as some one mentions food is huge for goldens, lots of skin issues and algerys from foods, I have used arcana grasslands since kona was a puppy and have never had issues, well when he gets into the cat food there are issues for a day or two

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post
..........experience, 35 yrs of grooming them and 30 yrs of training.
All the so called top ten smart breeds are based on how easy the breed is to train and just because a breed is eager to please humans doesn't necessarily make it intelligent. It's a sad fact that a lot of truely intelligent dogs end up being put down because of "problem" behaviour
I wasn't going by that list, was using the actual intelligence list that has brad's dog right up in the top two. it goes by actual intelligence not eager to please. mine has figured out how to do some things that just make me scratch my head and it pleased no one but the dog...... I'll see if I can find it again it was three years ago when I was looking into it, but they talk about train-ability and intelligence.

They do get a bum rap and people call them dumb because they tend to be stubborn and free willed., and I have found if you use treats to train, then don't expect them to do it again if you don't have a treat

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.