Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-26-2012, 04:50 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemah View Post
I'd replace a six line with another six line, but maybe add another wrasse at the same time. This might help to open doors for other wrasses as they come up.

Otherwise, I would really be patient and find the exact one you like the best. If you can only have one, it's worth the wait. It took me almost a full year to find a non-finicky leopard wrasse, and he eats pellets.

Just curious ... Why would you replace a six line with the same? You never know how the next will be. Some say adding a sixer is the worst thing they did. Not all behave as well as mine did!

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 AM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

McKoskers Flasher Wrasse.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:20 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyob View Post
Anyone have a Potters Wrasse?
I do. I love it. It's my favourite fish. I highly, highly, highly recommend hem, with the caveat that they are not the easiest. If you find one that eats at the store, you'll be in decent shape.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
I do. I love it. It's my favourite fish. I highly, highly, highly recommend hem, with the caveat that they are not the easiest. If you find one that eats at the store, you'll be in decent shape.
So my assumption would be... Do not order one... Wait until one comes in?

Ken a blue world is supposedly doing an order and the prices were good... But maybe not safe bet. The order probably won't happen anyways based on past offers.

My 70 Gallon build:

My Mandarin Paradise:

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

get a black leopard , they stay small ,easy to adapt to food compared to other leoprds and are very docile...plus they rarely jump

i have 7 wrasses and hes my first and still fave

hard to find though but i only paid 30 for mine
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
get a black leopard , they stay small ,easy to adapt to food compared to other leoprds and are very docile...plus they rarely jump

i have 7 wrasses and hes my first and still fave

hard to find though but i only paid 30 for mine

AI always has them but $90 here is more than I'll spend!

$30 in Calgary.... Might have to make a trip....

My 70 Gallon build:

My Mandarin Paradise:

Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
AI is the only store I've seen a potters wrasse in and it was ordered in for someone and it wasn't cheep. They are not a wrasse you see available very often, they are pricey and sell quickly.

Quote:
AI always has them but $90 here is more than I'll spend!

$30 in Calgary.... Might have to make a trip....
$90? I thought the black leopards were cheaper then that (around $50) I'll have to double check. Red coral had some black leopards in awhile ago but I can't remember the exact price but it was around $40-50.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
AI is the only store I've seen a potters wrasse in and it was ordered in for someone and it wasn't cheep. They are not a wrasse you see available very often, they are pricey and sell quickly.

$90? I thought the black leopards were cheaper then that (around $50) I'll have to double check. Red coral had some black leopards in awhile ago but I can't remember the exact price but it was around $40-50.

Pretty sure the tank said $90. I considered a potters cause ken has a prIce list for $30 posted in his order thread.

My 70 Gallon build:

My Mandarin Paradise:

Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Ken a blue world is supposedly doing an order and the prices were good... But maybe not safe bet. The order probably won't happen anyways based on past offers.
I would say that they're only a bit more difficult than other leopards (only because they aren't shipped properly. The need to be shipped with sand!) but they have all the same afflictions that other leopards suffer from. If they're not eating, it's usually an internal parasite and you can usually treat them.

I've ordered two. The first one I had for about 2 or 3 weeks. It was eating just fine until one day it was acting super weird and decided to bury itself in the sand, only to never return. The second is the one I have now and it's a fat bastard.

If you order them, you'll probably be OK, but you'll need to be ready to deal with anything that pops up, namely internal parasites. Unlike other fish, this is one fish that I would not QT if possible. They need to get into the main tank quick. If they are suffering from obvious afflictions, QT and treat. If they're not eating its probably internal parasites.

There is a good RC thread on leopard wrasses. I think I'm the only one there with a Potter's (at least last year I was) and I was having more success than the other leopards.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM

Proteus is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Nailed it