Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Yes, I have heard that on margarita snails. Question is, why the heck are they listed then. At least a larger amount of them are surviving.

However, as first stated, the astrea snails I purchased are almost all gone. Even the ones I flip back are just lifeless. The half dozen trochus are all fine.

Between the snail losses and my 3 peppermints not making it very long, its really a depressing invert order.

On a good note, the tuzedo urchin did a great job on some of the red turf algae I have. And my pair of brittle stars learned in a hurry to come up the side to get some pellets for lunch. Without the sand bed now however, I may have to sell one.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM

FitoPharmer is on a distinguished road

The astreas in my tank seem to be able to flip themselves after they fall on the sand. I had the same problem with a previous batch of 10 or so astreas I bought. They seemed on deaths doorstep when I took them out of the bag, every few hours one would fall off the glass and not have the strength to get back up. Within a few weeks they were all dead.