Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
Hi Guys.
I am looking to organize a Coral Master group buy and want some feedback. I have organized two previous GB with another supplier using a public spreadsheet that I thought worked rather well and I am looking to do the same for this GB. Snappy has already committed one free frag, his choice, for personal orders over $100. I haven't worked out with him how shipping savings would work but I am hoping he commits to free shipping if we can get an order over an agreed amount.

1. When? When shall we place the order.
2. Where? Who can receive and float the bags until everyone arrives same day for pickup.
3. $$$ How much must we order before we see savings in regards to shipping.

Once we sort out the above questions I will begin to assemble the spreadsheet. DO NOT PM with orders at this time, I will ignore them.

Thanks!
Keith.
Thanks for organizing Keith. Free shipping starts at $350 and of course applies to group orders. I have never used a spread sheet for group buys (& I've done many of them) and never had issues. If you really want to use it we can however I like to keep things as simple as possible. People just send me their individual orders and pay me directly either by EMT or through my website via paypal. The website tracks all orders and keeps track of stock quantities and updates as soon as an order is completed. All orders are individually packaged & clearly marked with people's names and each bag is clearly marked with the frag ID so there is no guess work as to what the corals are and who it's for. Please feel free to check around about my packaging of group orders and I'll think you'll find there is seldom any mix ups. All regular corals come with an "arrive alive-stay alive 10 day guarantee & advanced corals (marked as such on the site) have an arrive alive 24 hr. guarantee. It is very rare that there are any DOA corals and I always fix it ASAP. Again please check around and I'm sure this group will be able to order with confidence.
Thanks again,
Greg

Greg
Old 09-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Thanks for organizing Keith. Free shipping starts at $350 and of course applies to group orders. I have never used a spread sheet for group buys (& I've done many of them) and never had issues. If you really want to use it we can however I like to keep things as simple as possible. People just send me their individual orders and pay me directly either by EMT or through my website via paypal. The website tracks all orders and keeps track of stock quantities and updates as soon as an order is completed. All orders are individually packaged & clearly marked with people's names and each bag is clearly marked with the frag ID so there is no guess work as to what the corals are and who it's for. Please feel free to check around about my packaging of group orders and I'll think you'll find there is seldom any mix ups. All regular corals come with an "arrive alive-stay alive 10 day guarantee & advanced corals (marked as such on the site) have an arrive alive 24 hr. guarantee. It is very rare that there are any DOA corals and I always fix it ASAP. Again please check around and I'm sure this group will be able to order with confidence.
Thanks again,
Greg
Thank you for your reply Greg. In the past we used the spreadsheet primarily to ensure then vendor has correct information at all times to minimize the likely hood of incorrect orders and to track that we met the free shipping requirement. If the spreadsheet is of no use to you then I have no problem not using it.

Sounds like payment is easy enough. Is shipping automatically added to the final cart purchase? If yes do you refund this somehow?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:43 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Keith, I can receive the order at my place if you want, it's pretty centralized location. I'll be in for purple poison and red dragon. Thanks

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Sounds fine by me Bblinks, if anyone has a better suggestions I think your place to receive is perfect.

When to ship? I was thinking anytime really. How does ship Monday Sept 24th to arrive BBlinks morning of Tuesday the 25th sound to everyone? Snapper would these dates work for you?
Keith.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Is everyone planning on ordering SPS? I'm interested in LPS but it seems like the stock is very low on LPS.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Looking at the site again, I shouldn't have said the stock on LPS was low , I guess it's just the items that I was interested in that were out of stock lol. Acans and Ricordea.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:46 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you for your reply Greg. In the past we used the spreadsheet primarily to ensure then vendor has correct information at all times to minimize the likely hood of incorrect orders and to track that we met the free shipping requirement. If the spreadsheet is of no use to you then I have no problem not using it.

Sounds like payment is easy enough. Is shipping automatically added to the final cart purchase? If yes do you refund this somehow?
For a group order I would assume that as a group you will be ordering enough for free shipping so when ordering on the site after you fill in your info mark it as a local pick up so it doesn't charge shipping. This has worked well in the past but if there are any issues with the site not cooperating please let me know.
I am confident you will be pleased with the way things are tagged and packaged. It's very, very seldom that I ship incorrect orders.

Quote:
Snaz - Sounds fine by me Bblinks, if anyone has a better suggestions I think your place to receive is perfect.

When to ship? I was thinking anytime really. How does ship Monday Sept 24th to arrive BBlinks morning of Tuesday the 25th sound to everyone? Snapper would these dates work for you?
Keith.
In theory this sounds just fine but the sooner the orders are placed the better so I am ready for you.
Thanks all you guys I appreciate your business.
Quote:
Wheelman76 - Looking at the site again, I shouldn't have said the stock on LPS was low , I guess it's just the items that I was interested in that were out of stock lol. Acans and Ricordea.
Yeah sorry no acan or rics at the moment.

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 09-13-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Sounds fine by me Bblinks, if anyone has a better suggestions I think your place to receive is perfect.

Keith.
Keith what's your email address, I have done a few orders from back east the same way with spreadsheet just so everyone is clear of what they are getting. We can then put it through Greg's website as a single order, I don't mind slapping it on the visa and you guy can pay me back on pick up day. Or we can just place separate orders on the site and let Greg work it out. Either way I m good.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Hey Greg, I'm wanting to put an order in and am interested in the purple poison shortcake. I cannot for the life of me find another pic of this coral other than what's on your site to get a better idea of colors and growth pattern. Do you happen to have any other pictures of this colony?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Hey guys, please pm me what you want from snappy and your email address, I will send out the spreadsheet showing who wants what and how much. Some of you who I have dealt with before know the deal. I will then place the order all together to save some hassle. I will forward you the tracking number once I get it from snappy. I do expect everyone to be at my place that evening to pick up your order and once you are committed there is no backing out.

Thanks Rich

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013