Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 AM

cblair is on a distinguished road

i just recieved my bulk reef supply 5 stage plus last week and i will definatley vouch for its quality and ease of use. great unit with everything you need.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblair View Post
i just recieved my bulk reef supply 5 stage plus last week and i will definatley vouch for its quality and ease of use. great unit with everything you need.
What was shipping like for you? Was it outragous?

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 08-01-2012, 02:30 PM

molotov is on a distinguished road
Default Shipping

I got shipping for free. I think once you spend $300+ they waive the shipping. Although I have everything shipped to my place in Montana and then bring it back across the boarder myself.

I order from BRS all the time. They're great.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Shipping is free only to US locations (like Montana). To Calgary, you are looking at $50 bucks most likely.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Hahaha sweet. I have a place in Whitefish. I'll just do that!

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Yes! Shipping will be around 50.00 depending on what you are buying. You should jump on the group buy and save your self $10 on the RO/DI.

Oh nevermind I think you missed the group buy. Probably be another one next month.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM

mandyplo is on a distinguished road

I am in on the group buy already, now im just deciding what to get

I also live 30 mins from the US border and usually ship my online purchases to the border anyways, so I'll just do that again this time n get me some free shippin'

I am also looking at getting NP reducing biopellets/biopellet reactor and a pump.
While I'm at it, should I get one of the 2 cartridge reactors for some Carbon or GFO? I don't know a whole lot about carbon or GFO so im going to read up on it right after I post this, but I value anyones personal experiences if you wish to share them.

Edit: Okay just read up a little bit about GFO and Carbon.. By the sounds of it, the BRS dual reactor for GFO and Carbon sounds like a good idea, but does that mean I still have to buy a separate reactor for NP reducing biopellets? Or do you even need to run NP reducing biopellets with Carbon and GFO? Thanks in advance for opinions/experiences.

Last edited by mandyplo; 08-01-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 PM

OR! Can I get a dual reactor, put carbon/GFO in one compartment and NP reducing biopellets in the other compartment? Then I only have to buy one reactor system and one pump?! Does anyone else here run Biopellets with GFO and Carbon!?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyplo View Post
OR! Can I get a dual reactor, put carbon/GFO in one compartment and NP reducing biopellets in the other compartment? Then I only have to buy one reactor system and one pump?! Does anyone else here run Biopellets with GFO and Carbon!?
I have the BRS dual reactor. The GFO and Carbon tumble at different rates, I don't think you would be able to combine them in one reactor and have them be effective. I do not have biopellets so can not offer any advice. If I were you, I'd set up the GFO and Carbon and see how that works for you rather than buying a bunch of equipment you may not use depending on what you are trying to achieve with your tank. I like mine and it made a noticable difference almost immediately.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
I have the BRS dual reactor. The GFO and Carbon tumble at different rates, I don't think you would be able to combine them in one reactor and have them be effective. I do not have biopellets so can not offer any advice. If I were you, I'd set up the GFO and Carbon and see how that works for you rather than buying a bunch of equipment you may not use depending on what you are trying to achieve with your tank. I like mine and it made a noticable difference almost immediately.
They actually make a dual GFO and Carbon reactor in one canister. Thats why I was considering getting the Dual chamber reactor, and putting Biopellets in one chamber and GFO&Carbon in the other chamber. Does anyone else do this?

Tags
ro/di