Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-04-2012, 01:33 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

lol i posted a bad review about frag a lot a month ago and people bashed me and defended them.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:05 PM

Shifty203 is on a distinguished road

I've ordered from him twice in the last 3 months, and not had any issues that would make me re-consider ordering from him again.

My first order was for 10 frags I think, and I lost one zoa, and an SPS frag cause I didn't acclimate it to the light properly. I put it into the tank and glued it straight into place at the top of a rock column.

The second order, I ordered 9 frags. I lost two of the zoa frags, and two of the other zoas were wrong, but I didn't mind, as they were still decent colors.

So all together, it cost me about 280, and I have 15 frags that made it and are growing, with 2 of them being not the color I had wanted. I still think thats an acceptable amount versus the cost.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Dr_Hicks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
lol i posted a bad review about frag a lot a month ago and people bashed me and defended them.
That happens a lot around here doesn't it ?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Vendor

fragbox.ca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
there are no online stores in Ontario right now...

coralmaster is the only reputable true online place to shop in canada to my knowledge....
say hello to fragbox.ca!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

wow, those prices are ripoff...20$ per polyp for fruit loop? come on...give me a break. I buy full frags of them around here for 15$. The good thing about fragalot is that the prices are fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragbox.ca View Post
say hello to fragbox.ca!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 AM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
wow, those prices are ripoff...20$ per polyp for fruit loop? come on...give me a break. I buy full frags of them around here for 15$. The good thing about fragalot is that the prices are fair.
Yea no doubt. The rics are the same price as local too. Why ship when they come easier and no shipping. Way over priced.

That was the plus with frag a lot... if you got what you wanted... great price.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

I did order a few zoanthids from them that I thought were wrong but turned out they were the right thing after a few months as they took their rightfull colors.

I bought a eye or rae which was brown on receipt and remained brown until I put it in my 75 gallons under Phoenix MH lamp then they turned out really blue. Give the zoanthids time and the right light to see what they will become.

I often received the wrong things from fragalot anb often corals were brown.

this is one exemple that I did not order and received. I had ordered a blue digitata, received this wierdo piece of I don't know what...but at the end it turned out pretty cute, so I kept it and now it's got a spot of choice in my setup...here is when I received it:

Ugly isn't?

here is what it evolved into...much better and today it's quite beautiful, this is a few months ago:

Just to say that some corals may look ugly but have the potential to become very beautiful if given the chance and the right conditions.

Here is another one...received it brown like that from fragalot. It was labeled "multicolor millepora" but was rather brown.

Now after a few months under the Pheonix...and it's getting more and more of that powder aqua blue color.

So sometime we got to give those corals a little time to shine, but it is a very hight risk not to receive what you order when you order from Fragalot, as they like to replace pieces without even asking you if you want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexbasher View Post
Me and two coworkers did an order last week..we ordered on jun 22 and asked for it to show up on the 29th

showed up alright, packaged OK, dry box, styrofoam lined box

no heat pack, nothing labled (i even asked for one particular zoa frag to be marked)

Two LPS were missing all together...4 of the 5 LPS i ordered were wrong (my teal candycane was a green, translucent hammer was a purple tipped frogspawn, purple octo was a green/purple tip frogspawn, and my torch was supost to be a yellow tip, and got a cream brown tip) the picture of the Bubble coral i ordered shows a possibly BLUE BUBBLE but gives no description of color, and i got a white bubble, that is slowly showing green and red colors under the attinics, so im happy about that..and BIG too

we ordered 10 zoa frags...8 of them went home with me to grow and frag...only 3 have opened so far and dont really look like anything we ordered but they;ll change over time...

i sent an email to Fragalot last Friday I believe and havent received a response...(i sent afew questions prior to the order and received responses within 24hrs)

this happen to anyone else? its our first online coral order and we're all sour about it now

Last edited by daniella3d; 07-05-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:19 AM

burgerchow is on a distinguished road

my orders from the last Vancouver Group buy turned out pretty good.

120 , lps. 2xKessil A350W Tuna Blues, 2xvortech mp40 for flow,aqualogic 1/4 hp chiller, 160 lbs live rock. sohal, , pair of percs,flame dotty back , royal gramma, pair of black percs, niger trigger, mandarin

55 corner bowfront freshwater, African cichlids kessil a350

30 gal 36x36 coffee table fish tank. 3 red ear sliders.

5.5 gal nano, live rock, arrow crab, baby perc, firefish.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Reefie is on a distinguished road

Maybe he fired himself? I would if it was up to me, fire him that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfrags View Post
last I heard this was his only job.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:43 AM

Reefie is on a distinguished road

I think you'd have better luck betting on Black or Red on Roulette, at least you know you have a 50% chance of winning.

This is BUSINESS, and if Burq CHOOSES not to treat it as a business, why do people constantly get suckered in? I guess he is good at photoshop with his pics on his site, maybe he might have better luck photo-editing?

All in all, GOOGLE the reviews people! 80% bad and 20% good, is purely bad business.

I have nothing against him, he's probably a nice guy and all, but I have a simple motto "Treat me well and you will gain a customer for life, screw me once and I'll make sure everyone knows about it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
Look...
The guy is a ****ty businessman with inconsistent quality control.

The value is good enough to keep people coming back.

Spin that wheel and order from Frag a alot.