Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 06-25-2012, 03:05 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
I don't know the story but I am guessing the fact that you inquired about a piece that was marked NFS probably had something to do with it.

NFS corals are a sore subject for store owners and other buyers... Buyers get frustrated because they see the nice stuff and cannot bring it home. They can sometimes pressure, or attempt to pressure the employees into selling it to them anyway. I know this was not your case but I have seen it happen.

Owners don't like keeping NFS because of the constant badgering from customers and if that NFS coral DOES get sold to someone else by accident or otherwise you can bet the LFS will probably lose business from the good customer he was holding it for.

Trust me NFS sucks all around, maybe give these guys a break. Up to you I guess, depends on how rude he was.
Keith.
I have, in the past, checked out NFS items at stores in Edmonton and Calgary with mixed responses. Sometimes the staff are nice about it, sometimes not at all. I've even inquired at stores where I know they have kept stuff NFS to see if they would do it for me with full payment with very rude responses sometimes. Its a subject that I don't even bother touching on anymore anywhere.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:25 PM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

This makes no sense, why would anyone working at a store, be rude about a customer asking a question? Doesnt matter if its been asked a million times before, most likely it was the first time for that customer. Even if the question was about the NFS item, maybe there is a wait list for frags or a timeline for when the customer has to pick it up by. I would bring it up to the manager if it was an employee or if it was the owner, speak to him directly about how it made you feel but thats just me.