Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 04-14-2012, 01:28 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Wow, that's a great price! I've heard of King Ed's doing this type of sale before. I wish I could get in on the deal.

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:47 PM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Me thinks someone accidently added an extra zero to the end of the quantity for their order, lol.

I actually bought a pair form them a few months ago but after adding them to my tank, im not diggin them anymore compared to my purple firefish. I wish they were easier to catch.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 PM

jorjef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4 View Post
Me thinks someone accidently added an extra zero to the end of the quantity for their order, lol.

I actually bought a pair form them a few months ago but after adding them to my tank, im not diggin them anymore compared to my purple firefish. I wish they were easier to catch.
Do you have both the red and purple in your tank right now? I wondered if they would be compatible. I have two red's right and thought about adding a couple of purple. What do you find is the biggest difference between the two?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 PM

TaioneReefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4 View Post

lol, he actually ordered a box thinking its around 30. but guess like a box means 140 firefish
Old 04-15-2012, 12:19 AM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I was there yesterday and looked over their tanks.
I don't want to knock KE, but I'll recommend you QT whatever you buy there
lol.... I would have thought the same... but the funny part is that king ed is the ONLY place I have ever bought fish and never had any illness or death with any of them. This is something that still amazes me, for it looks like the slumlord of lfs'...lol
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM

jjntm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaioneReefer View Post
lol, he actually ordered a box thinking its around 30. but guess like a box means 140 firefish

lol, ya... rob said that he ticked box and didn't realize it but it was like 210... I just bought 7 for my 220 reef and there is prob close to 90 left... seems like this thread probably helped sell a ton! lol
Old 04-15-2012, 12:40 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjntm View Post
lol.... I would have thought the same... but the funny part is that king ed is the ONLY place I have ever bought fish and never had any illness or death with any of them. This is something that still amazes me, for it looks like the slumlord of lfs'...lol
Again, not to pick on them, but when I was running FW, I had a high enough % of loss to be disappointed.
Anyway, I'm sure they have lots of healthy SW dudes as I only saw spots and such on a small amount. Plus I hate it when a store doesn't keep up with removing loss.
It's just the fact that it looks like their's is pretty much one big system.
Maybe I should ask how it's all pumbed before I decide on what to buy from what tanks.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:48 AM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjef View Post
Do you have both the red and purple in your tank right now? I wondered if they would be compatible. I have two red's right and thought about adding a couple of purple. What do you find is the biggest difference between the two?
Yes, I have a pair of regular firefish and 1 purple in the tank right now. The purple is by far the nicer fish imho and makes the regular firefish look crappy, lol.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 PM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

JL's has a 20% off sale on firefish right now. (nearly all fish actually)
I've had 2 reds and 2 purples for a long time, one purple died so I picked up 2 more.
2 reds and 3 purples.
Purples are harder for me to keep alive for some reason. I've lost 2 others trying to keep a pair.
no clue why they just vanish after a while.
hopefully these will last. they're larger than the last couple i bought.