Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:56 AM

troni is on a distinguished road

**** that. how can you say hes probaly a genuine guy when he displays this kind of act. yes its one side of the story but the pictures are clear, and yes it could of been avoided but wow that guys a douchebag. its to bad to hear about that reefgirl, hopefully he stands up to his mistake and helps you out, and thanks for the reminder!

20g reef 25g sump, DIY led form modular led, 2 false percs

Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 AM

ongquang21 is on a distinguished road

Thank for your warning.
But, look at his location. Is there any town in Canada called fiji? Why does he have to hide his whereabout?
Pyke is not a serious person from the very first day on this site.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:10 AM

subman is on a distinguished road

I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something

My other summer hobby:
http://www.edkra.ca
Old 04-01-2012, 01:51 AM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Just realized that I forgot to post this one pic. Looks like the propeller had a sandstorm go through it at one point (speculating)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subman View Post
I have been a member on many forums and they all had a buyer feedback. I wish canreef would implement something
'

I would LOVE seller feedback. I have many postive things to say about other canreef sales.

I'd also love to have the ability to edit my first post after 15 minutes. Those spelling errors of mine are driving me crazy now
Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 AM

sharkbait is on a distinguished road

This is a very unfortunate lesson to learn, and a shame that integrity seems lost these days. I want to praise you reefgirl, I think you went about this post very respectfully and tastefully. Good for you for being the bigger person. All the while, reminding us of the sad fact that trust, integrity and honesty seems to evade some people, and that we need to be cautious.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 AM

troni is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
This is a very unfortunate lesson to learn, and a shame that integrity seems lost these days. I want to praise you reefgirl, I think you went about this post very respectfully and tastefully.
+1

20g reef 25g sump, DIY led form modular led, 2 false percs

Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ongquang21 View Post
Thank for your warning.
But, look at his location. Is there any town in Canada called fiji? Why does he have to hide his whereabout?
+1 does not look serious and has little posts to judge the character.
BTW the impeller will look like that from snail being trapped there and wave box turning "ON" after snail is entered. I had exactly the same thing happened to my wave box, but the impeller will not suffer that much providing if the pump work obviously.
Sorry to hear about your loss of $$$ and frustration, this exactly why i prefer not to ship (everyone has different idea about "good condition") and not get things from out of town.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:02 AM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys.

On the plus side the wave box did come with a 6095 controller which seems to be in fine working condition. I'm going to try to sell it or trade it and recoup some of my losses.

If anyone wants the other parts to attempt a repair they are welcome to have them. I've already wasted three hours trying to repair this thing and I don't expect to get a response back from the seller at this point anymore.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Did the seller send you any pictures before you purchased it? Or did you just buy it blind?

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 04-01-2012, 06:41 AM

ReefOcean is an unknown quantity at this point

And this why you don't buy used equipment.

It is saltwater. Saltwater. Is the a less hospitable place on earth for plastic, metal and electronics?

I am always surprised on how much people fork out for used stuff on this board.

You never know what the person did with the equipment before buying it. You never know how much time is left before it blows.

Spending hundred on things like this or Mp40s that might have 3 minutes of life left is....not the best use of money.

Buyer beware, but what do you want him to do if he responds? give you a refund? It is the buyer's responsibility to get all the information before purchasing. If you requested pics of all the parts of the box this would have been avoided. Seriously,dust? before I sell my laptop or TV, I have to open it up and vacuum it? Just buy new and if you can't afford new, just do without it.

Quote:
Thank for your warning.

You have to be kidding. It appears he has sold livestock and LR recently. He is outside Calgary, he is hardly "hiding|. Check his recent posts. What is a "serious person" on a message board?

I find this thread slanderous and it should be removed.