Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I bought it from someone, not from a store and when I got it, it was exactly like that and I thought it was just a matter of proper acclimatation and time.

The guy had it for a month, and I have it for a month and it did not change its apparence except it has doubled in size and darken quite a bit.

The darkening is a sign that it's healthy as well as the growth. I was just wondering if this is some different kind of sebae, or if it is sort of sick or genetically afflicted.

they adust slowly to tanks thats why they are so hard to keep they dont take well to changes in water chemistry, so the nems are better suited to those who keep things stable and consistent def not a good nem for anyone starting out, and if the nem is bleached at the lfs(which they usually are) they take a fairly long time to recover.

i wouldn t worry about the tentacles unless it wasnt sticky or readily accepting food the fact they spiral a bit is prob a sign it becoming more comfrtable in your system.in time the second one will have longer tentacles as well and they both should colour up.

are you feeding them?? any clowns??
Old 03-25-2012, 07:58 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

The spiral thing is there from the begining and it was there in the other person's tank, so that's not something new.

As for being bleached, it is so dark brown now that I can hardly see the purple tips.

My parameters are very stable as I have a dosing pump and keep things at the right level, alkalinity at 8, calcium 420, mag 1400. The tank has been setup for 2 years so quite mature.

It was not bleached when I got it but it was lighter in color, more like a dark beige, now it's dark brown. It does not eat or at least if it does I don't see it eat. The new sebae eats like a little pig and in no time it gobble mysis each day. This one is so dark that I don't think it needs to eat much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
they adust slowly to tanks thats why they are so hard to keep they dont take well to changes in water chemistry, so the nems are better suited to those who keep things stable and consistent def not a good nem for anyone starting out, and if the nem is bleached at the lfs(which they usually are) they take a fairly long time to recover.

i wouldn t worry about the tentacles unless it wasnt sticky or readily accepting food the fact they spiral a bit is prob a sign it becoming more comfrtable in your system.in time the second one will have longer tentacles as well and they both should colour up.

are you feeding them?? any clowns??