Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Corbin is on a distinguished road

i think im gonna go get some right now
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 AM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

Yeah that hoax has been around for years. It comes back every year or so with a slight modification. All Canadian McDonalds serve 100% Canadian beef. I would much rather eat at McDonalds then some other fast food places. Their recent smoothie additions are great. :-)
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I worked there for awhile as kid, sadly that was more years ago than I would like to admit, but the buns were from an Edmonton commercial bakery, fresh eggs from local lilydale, 100% canadian beef patties that were no different from anything at the supermarket in the frozen section and I currently know a number of farmers who have contracts to provide potatoes for the fries. McDonald's didn't become the largest food franchise on the planet by handing out bad food. People will always be jealous of successful companies and try to undermine them by spreading false rumors and lies. It's not just McDonald's, you can find all kinds of stories on just about any large successful corporations.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:55 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
If 16 cows on 160 acres isn't pasture-raised and grass-fed, I don't know what is! And I am happy there are many in Canada who raise their cattle to such standards.
comming from a family of cattle ranchers, we would call 16 cows on 160 acres a waist of land. if your 160 acres can only feed 16 cows, then you bought very very pour producing land and you might as well give up as your paying more in land tax than its worth. on the flip side, if you can convince some customers to pay 3 times more for your cattle by saying that there better with these numbers then you might be able to make some money.

but ya, generly Canadian beef is the best you can get, and if you want to go another step further, alberta AAA is about the best in the world, and yes there is a difference between alberta and the lower class stuff BC tries to pass off as good beef.

but as for McDonnalds switching to anything other than canadian beef, nope they can't due to gov regulations. they do however use american cheese slices as there is no regulation against that. But my McDonnalds days are all but over due to Five Guys Burgers and fries opening up in kamloops.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:06 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
But my McDonnalds days are all but over due to Five Guys Burgers and fries opening up in kamloops.

Steve
We had one open up this summer in Sherwood Park, this company really knows how to make a burger! If you want lean meat go elsewhere, if you want an awsome (fat is what provides meat with flavor) tasting burger and are willing to pay a little more you can't beat 5 Guys. Even the fries are really good, and after they put your pack of fries in the bag they throw a bunch more fries in the bag just for good measure. Bring an appetite!
Old 02-23-2012, 02:11 AM

philg3 is on a distinguished road

BAG FRIES??? Tell me there is a franchise somewhere in the GVRD
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 AM

warriorcookie is on a distinguished road

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...171209662.html

This one is not an urban legend, they admitted it's true and have since removed the ammonium hydroxide. Enough said. A company that is willing to save a buck to do that, doesn't get my business.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:18 AM

vaporize is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to vaporize
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
We had one open up this summer in Sherwood Park, this company really knows how to make a burger! If you want lean meat go elsewhere, if you want an awsome (fat is what provides meat with flavor) tasting burger and are willing to pay a little more you can't beat 5 Guys. Even the fries are really good, and after they put your pack of fries in the bag they throw a bunch more fries in the bag just for good measure. Bring an appetite!
If you think 5 guys is good, wait till you try Burger's Priest in Toronto (Yes, we do have 5 guys here, it's not even remotely comparable). ;-D It's one of the hottest burger joints around these days.
Red Sea, Black Saddleback, Brown Camel, Orange Fin, Melanistic Clarkii, Common Clarkii, True Percula, True Picassco, Pink Skunk, Orange Skunk, Maldives Clown, TRUE Sebae clown, Akin Clown, Gold Striped Maroon, White Striped Maroon, Latezonatus
Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 AM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Hmm, i get macdonal'ds on a fairly regular basis... almost every school morning I get a sausage egg mcmuffin. If its very late at night, i'll get either their crispy chicken wraps or the mcdouble. But yeah I thought it was canadian beef used. Obviously the 'beef' part used is all the cuttoffs that aren't suitable for steak, ribs, or typical 'ground beef', but its still 'beef' I guess.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
this company really knows how to make a burger! If you want lean meat go elsewhere, if you want an awsome (fat is what provides meat with flavor) tasting burger and are willing to pay a little more you can't beat 5 Guys.
actualy you know 5 guys was on Dr Oz yesterday as one of the lowest calorie burgers, and suprisingly lower fat also, you can get. about 3/4 of a big mac has. its not the amopunt of fat that makes them good but the type of beef they use, the way there cooked and the amount of toppings you can pick from.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.