Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol
bauder1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNanoGuy View Post
Hey Josh! you still got that nice 165 or did you sell it?
Yeah i sold the big guy. i went through a year there where i moved three times and it was getting way to hard to move it. I miss it alot but meh oh well. saving hardware right now for a tank up grade of my own.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM

RDNanoGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauder1986 View Post
Yeah i sold the big guy. i went through a year there where i moved three times and it was getting way to hard to move it. I miss it alot but meh oh well. saving hardware right now for a tank up grade of my own.
Bummer. That was a nice tank too. How big are you gonna go this time? Need a tank? I got lots. Haha..
Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
ya dude sweet job on the aquascaping very clean looking, always a fan of the less rock look
Funny because it's the same amount of rock that was in the old tank minus some small rubble bits. Amazing how much difference 6" wider makes to aquascaping makes!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Location: Edmonton, AB...find the earie glow of the T5 lights coming from a house lol

Quote:
Bummer. That was a nice tank too. How big are you gonna go this time? Need a tank? I got lots. Haha..
Im going with a 36x20x20 starphire eurobraced tank.....probably gonna get Dave at concept to build it, he just doesnt know yet haha. Im trying stick with a tank that is small enough for me to move in the future yet big enough to make me happy, and im pulling all the stops on this tank. Gonna get everything i ever wanted in a system.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Im going with a 36x20x20 starphire eurobraced tank.....probably gonna get Dave at concept to build it, he just doesnt know yet haha. Im trying stick with a tank that is small enough for me to move in the future yet big enough to make me happy, and im pulling all the stops on this tank. Gonna get everything i ever wanted in a system.
Make it 24 wide. You won't regret it. That would be a great size.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 PM

its 36 wide by 20x20 lol
Old 03-26-2012, 08:35 PM

my current tank is 24 wide as you might remember.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
its 36 wide by 20x20 lol
So you are going view it through the short end? That's kinda crazy but it might be cool.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
So you are going view it through the short end? That's kinda crazy but it might be cool.
Haha yeah i f'd up there. Got everything all switched around. 36Lx20Wx20H is the dimensions. i see where you are coming from with a 24" W. it would be cool....ill have to think on that.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:58 AM

Unhappy Tragedy Strikes!

What a terrible Easter weekend I've had!

Woke up on friday morning and went to feed the gang. Bluey (Powder Blue Tang) wasn't acting like himself, he was just hanging around one of the powerheads and notreally joining in on the morning Chum Storm (PE Mysis).
I had a goood look at him but I couldn't see anything amiss. I made a note to check again later. When I returned he was breathing fast and sitting on the bottom so I quickly scooped him out and isolated him in a 10 gal of tank water with an airstone. An hour later he was dead.

Checked all the other fish which all looked fine, doing thier normal things, eating, etc. To be safe I added a good dose of Prime, checked all my param's, and cleaned the filter socks and added some fresh carbon. Then it was off to my mothers for Easter Dinner.

So I got back home this afternoon, went to check the tank only to find with horror that Everyone had been struck with the dreaded Marine Velvet! NOOOOO!!!! All the fish were covered to various degrees. some were still acting ok but alot were hanging around the cleaner shrimp hoping to get some relief.

I have moved all the fish to a 55 gal I had lying around, gave each fish a freshwater dip, and started copper treatment. Fingers crossed!