Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 PM

reefgirl189 is on a distinguished road

Have a good time! Take lots of pics!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:13 PM

Lance is on a distinguished road

Have a wonderful time!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I took over 700 photos and videos while on Kauai and am about 3/4 done cropping and adjusting the photos. I will post some of the best ones when they are ready.

The trip was awesome, and the island is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy we picked Kauai rather than any of the other Hawaiian islands. "The Garden Island" lives up to its name...untouched wild! The atmosphere was very laid back - beach bums and surfers everywhere. Trip highlights were the helicopter tour we went on and the snorkel tour where we swam with giant green sea turtles. We did lots of snorkeling on our own, but the snorkel tour took us to places we didn't know about and couldn't get to without a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
You know, it's laid back and all, but they do have internet and computers and stuff still. I'm just sayin' ...
Hahaha! Tony, I turned off my cell phone when we left LA and didn't turn it back on until we landed back on the US mainland! I didn't even take my laptop. To me a vacation is getting away from all the technology!

SPS fanatic.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Haha, well, I can sort of understand that too.

Glad to hear you really enjoyed the place! I can't wait to go back one day.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Haha, well, I can sort of understand that too.
I saw many people at breakfast with their laptops open on the tables doing whatever it is that they do or talking on their cells phones, and being soooo glad that I can remove those things from my daily activities while on vacation. Some people just aren't able to get away from it due to such cramped or demanding schedules or work duties or simply an inability to live without it (so sad). I felt sorry for those people. We totally got lost in vacationing, and only made two calls to touch base at home. It was nice to lose my daily routine.

I just found 50 more photos...hehe. Too many SD cards! My Canon G9 (that I dropped in my reef tank about 6 weeks ago) quit operating while we were in Kauai so I was very glad that I bought a Pentax WG-II waterproof camera on impulse the day before we left. Impulse buy for the win! I also took my Samsung SSD digital camcorder and got some nice video of waves. I deleted about 30 minutes of video taken on the Pentax by accident though which is a shame...it was good video of us playing in the big surf on one of the beaches.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 05-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Welcome back Mindy. Looking forward to the photo dump.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I got teased a bit but I brought my laptop last 2 times I went to Hawaii and kind of glad I did. I like being able to download pictures and videos from the day and tossing them onto the TV and stuff and saying "hey look at this cool shot of the *whatever*". I find it's much harder to do all the uploads and edits en masse when I get back, it gets procrastinated upon. Plus I would just google for stuff to do on a whim and found a few places to visit that way (I guess you could plan it all out beforehand too but I like being unpredictable sometimes too). Also, just sitting on the lanai with a coffee and my laptop if the kids were napping or whatever .. just being there is good enough for me.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:32 PM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I saw many people at breakfast with their laptops open on the tables doing whatever it is that they do or talking on their cells phones, and being soooo glad that I can remove those things from my daily activities while on vacation. Some people just aren't able to get away from it due to such cramped or demanding schedules or work duties or simply an inability to live without it (so sad). I felt sorry for those people. We totally got lost in vacationing, and only made two calls to touch base at home. It was nice to lose my daily routine.
+1 on that ! I don't even use a cell phone here in Canada just for that reason he-he
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Tony, there were times I wished I had an internet connection to check on rates or reviews for activities or places to eat. We bought a traveler book for Kauai and founds lots of helpful information in there though.

SPS fanatic.