Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 AM

pirate is on a distinguished road

As I study the picture I had the previous one hooked up that way and no luck either, at least it looked that way without the pressure tank. |I had the most amount of luck when I had the shut off hooked up to the waste line,I had it pulsing but that was it. But if i don't have the water pressure to shutoff the solonide where can I buy just a plain shut off valve like the one pictured?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 AM

Well I've continued playing with it. And I hooked up the waste line to the float switch and it still will not shut off. And the pressure gauge reads 52-54 i don't have any leaks that I can find but I hear a sound like air/water rushing past something, and it's an internal type of noise so I think I might have an air issue. Any other things I should look at?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:39 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

You need to find out what the pressure is after the membrane where the pressure switch is tied into. The gauge reads the pressure before the membrane and therefore isn't relative to what the switch is actually getting. Tie in the pressure gauge temporarily at the same point the switch ties in.

Also is there a flow restrictor and check valve on the waste line?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:53 AM

I think I have the check valve on the waste line but not 100% sure been moving too many fittings lately. I'll move the gauge over as well and see what I have on that line. And I'll post up that info.
Thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 03:32 AM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Here is a flow diagram with a pressure switch and a solenoid.
http://www.watergeneral.com/support/...struction2.pdf
Because you have some of your plumbing behind and underneath the pic, I cannot figure out where everything is.
Hope the link helps
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 PM

Ok I check all the fittings and moved the check valve/restrictor to the waste line as well as the pressure gauge to the rodi water. I have 40-42 psi with the float valve held up. I'm starting to think there is something wrone with the ro canister. Even when I hook it up to the waste line it still will not shut off and that one has 50 psi when closed.
I'm starting to think I need to buy a new one that is already set up, and sell this one. I feel that I am running out of time to be playing with this one.
There are only 2 lines that you could not see 1 comes from the filters and heads up and the other leaves the ro and goes down to the di filter and then it's on to the tank.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:23 PM

Buckeye Field Supply is on a distinguished road

Looks like you have the ASOV plumbed correctly. Do you have a check valve in the permeate port on the RO housing?

Russ
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
if your auto shut off uses a solenoid and pressure switch then your water pressure may not be high enough to trigger the shut off. The solenoid valve also has to be installed before the RO membrane. But typical auto shut offs do not use solenoids.

This a typical auto shut off:

Installed like this:

BRS also has a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssa6njb5nV4
Yeow! This type of shut off valve shown here IS NOT plumbed as shown in the diagram above.

Russ
Old 01-18-2012, 06:28 PM

Pirate - seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread - if you'd like give us a call when you are in front of your system we'll get it squared away.

Russ
513-312-2343

Last edited by Buckeye Field Supply; 01-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Never been able to get mine working reliably either. I've basically given up & only make water when I'm home to monitor what's going on. I realize that's not a luxury everyone has, but with a little planning, it works for me. Just can't get myself to trust these little ASO valves. They are pretty simple & should work, just a diaphragm in there that is supposed to work on differential pressure. I can't afford a flood in my basement & don't like wasting water, so wouldn't trust it even if it did work... some times.