Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Ocean Fresh

Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 AM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Ya, that's annoying. If it was for humans they would have to list ingredients. Sounds like Lanthanum chloride by the description of what it does and how it looks when it is dosed.
+1

How is a customer to form a sound decision about a product with out knowing whats in it and the science behind how it works.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 AM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Your question was how is a customer supposed to form a sound decision? Well considering most of us are not pharmasists or marine biologists, we all go by user feedback. Thats how you form a sound decision about nearly everything in this hobby, why should this product be any different.

If it was published every other manufacturer can copy it........ Is that really in the interest of the manufacturer? Hmmm tough choice that one , happy to stick with good client feedback which this product clearly has

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 12-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:49 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the interest in the product.

Cyano Starver is the first version of the product without the buffer. I changed the name to Foz Down because it also works in freshwater and ponds. I have also added a trace amount of buffer to the Foz Down. The web page for the product will be up shortly.

As with all of my products, they are produced because I use them myself, found them to be effective and reef safe, so I produced them to help hobbyists.

About a year ago I switched from High Capacity Granular Ferric Oxide to the chemical behind Foz Down. I was tired of the monthly expense of 3 lbs of High Capacity GFO to remove phosphate from my coral grow out system. Since I feed heavily it generates a lot of PO4. Since switching to this product I have not had to use any HC GFO. I add the Foz Down directly to the 135 gallon sump and let it settle out. I test for Phosphate using a Lamotte Smart Colorimeter. I have been doing that for over a year.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words here is one of a small section of the grow out tank. I took this pic on the 28th Nov 2011. Check for yourselves how colourful the corals are in a tank with Foz Down used for a year+. Granted I use 400 watt 20k Radium bulbs and have low nitrates.

Most companies do not list ingredients for their special formulas. A couple that quickly come to mind are Kentucky Fried Chicken and Coca Cola. Numerous other foods have a listing called "spices".

Cheers,
Tim
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 AM

therealshark is on a distinguished road

hey tim,
thanks for the info and pic. one thing i dont understand is "you add to the sump and let it settle out". could you explain this abit more?
will a filter sock pull the PO4 out or does the skimmer pull it out once foz down is added?
i plan to pick some of this product up, but would like to understand it abit more.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:12 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I add it to my sump in an area of moderate flow. My sump is 8' long so there is ample space for water flow to slow and the flocs to settle out.

The best method however is to filter it out using a filter sock. Just be aware that the sock may plug quicker than you are used to.

Some people have reported that by dosing it into the pump inlet for their skimmer it changed the colour and smell of the skimmate. That is anecdotal evidence though.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 12-05-2011, 02:46 PM

jtbadco is on a distinguished road

My group would like to order some Foz Down. Can anyone tell me where it is available or where I can order it?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

Any of the red coral stores can send it to you....

Steve
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

Red Coral Online can hook you up
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

we put a list on this thread of all dealers, the product gets full launch status next monday, all dealers can pre order as of tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:51 PM

jtbadco is on a distinguished road

I called Red Coral Online but they don't have Foz Down. They only have Cyano Starver. I realize they are almost the same thing but I would like the actual product.