Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-18-2011, 11:23 PM

BMahura is on a distinguished road

I Transferred my tank about 2 months ago and didn't have any problems. I started by Removing as much as my coral LR and fish and putting them into Big tubs. The key is to always make sure your tempatures stay consistant whil doing the transfer. Next i added all the new RO water i needed to my new tank and put all of my old water into the new tank from my old tank. After then i started acclimating my coral fish and LR. It was pretty easy and my tank was about 20 feet like yours. I used all new sand to minamize my chances of getting a cycle.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 AM

Pinchy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripenfelter View Post
So I need to swap coral, fish, lights, and refugium from my 120 gallon to my 300 gallon. The 300 gallon is dry right now.

I have cured cycled rock with mushrooms and zoas growing on the rocks already too. The 300 gallon doesn't have a sump yet.

So what would be the best way to switch everything over? Like do I do it in stages over a few days or everything all at once?

I was thinking of putting in the rock, some new sand, then the old rock and corals, then the fish over a few days.

It will take me a full day to mount the lights from the 120 gallon on to the 300 gallon. LEDs.
I just did mine last week and my best advice is move as much water as humanly possible in order to keep the parameters as close to the same as possible. Everything is still alive btw