Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Lighting Specific

Old 09-09-2011, 06:28 PM

msjboy is on a distinguished road

eshine just brought out cheaper leds... have a look at this thread from reefcentral.com:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2009776

the washer lites are around $150 for a 48" one... compare that to the former 60W ones at $185 which is good for just a 24" square area.
( new usa beta site is eshinesystem.com )

msjboy
Old 09-10-2011, 03:12 AM

claymax is on a distinguished road

heres a link to modular led, the amount of work needed to put one of these together is really very little, especially if you get them to do the assembly.

http://www.modularled.ca/4-foot-tank-dimmable/
Old 09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

i would hold off until after MACNA...rumours down here of some repricing on some fixtures that could be announced shortly. Only rumour though until it comes out.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:50 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Any thoughts on these. I would have to buy a temp controller, 2 timer controllers and a hanging kit which would be an additional $154.44. So with taxes i'm looking at $1345.52

http://www.hero-ledstore.com/4724-in...re-p-1813.html
Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Gold Member

I don't think that fixture looks very good...too many unknowns. If you haven't heard AI dropped the price of the SOL lights dramatically yesterday...only $399US so you would probably be better off trying that. If you can't find a CAD store to sell them to you...try salty supply...I just bought a bunch from them at MACNA and they are shipping to Canada for me via USPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
Any thoughts on these. I would have to buy a temp controller, 2 timer controllers and a hanging kit which would be an additional $154.44. So with taxes i'm looking at $1345.52

http://www.hero-ledstore.com/4724-in...re-p-1813.html

Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
I don't think that fixture looks very good...too many unknowns. If you haven't heard AI dropped the price of the SOL lights dramatically yesterday...only $399US so you would probably be better off trying that. If you can't find a CAD store to sell them to you...try salty supply...I just bought a bunch from them at MACNA and they are shipping to Canada for me via USPS.
Thanks for the info regarding Salty Supply. I read this news today and had been trying to find a source here unsuccessfully. So shipping that way means what? Easier on the wallet than UPS? After duty, tax etc what is your cost per fixture?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Gold Member

Not sure...but they are shipping a big a$$ Skimmer and auto wipedown neck to me for $76 via usps

Old 09-12-2011, 04:28 AM

I really want the Radions and ready to fork out the cash but I just cant seem to get an an answer on how many I need. It says one per 40G but comparable to a 250W MH. But I have a 144G and with the brace in the middle I can only fit 2 of the fixtures. A third one will have too much light blocked. If I dont get a proper answer I might have to buy four of the Sols for the same price.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Thanks for the info regarding Salty Supply. I read this news today and had been trying to find a source here unsuccessfully. So shipping that way means what? Easier on the wallet than UPS? After duty, tax etc what is your cost per fixture?
Are you talkin about the AI Sols? The Reef Shoppe sells them but if you wanted the 4 pack setup it's $1009 more here in Canada, not including taxes. If only Salty Supplies took Paypal.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
The AI Sols can be found at Oceans Aquatics, they are a vendor on here. They are not posted on the website but I spoke with them and the price there will also be $399 starting on friday.