Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM

sgreen is on a distinguished road

I am not sure that they are RBTA's we have a few of them infact they have split over a dozen times and they are all fine. Like we stated earlier we had two of these white ones and they have split a few times, they are well fed and in the same system as many of the other ones that have thrived. Our water levels are all good. I do not believe these are sick or bleached.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgreen View Post
I am not sure that they are RBTA's we have a few of them infact they have split over a dozen times and they are all fine. Like we stated earlier we had two of these white ones and they have split a few times, they are well fed and in the same system as many of the other ones that have thrived. Our water levels are all good. I do not believe these are sick or bleached.
Honestly they do looked bleached, and IMO your rbta doesn't look very good compaired to healthy ones I've seen. Some bta's stay small and split often but when they are healthy the have good colour still. I asked about what lights you have over your tank, because I find with bta's that makes a big difference. I've never been able to keep BTA's really healthy looking with good colour under T5's, maybe if my tanks weren't as deep as they are it would be different but IME if you want a bta to do really well you need MH lights.

My rbta a few hrs after I 1st brought it home

RBTA 2 weeks after being added, a bit stressed/bleached still but starting to fatten and colour up

What it looked like April 2nd
Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

My vote is for stressed and bleached. One of the aquariums here that is on public display had a problem with over heating during the summer. They went from 20 or so small GBTA that were always dividing to 20 bleached... to nothing in a matter of months.

Heres an old pic of my GBTA shortly before I sold it.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

Here are some pictures from the public tank. The first one is from 2008. The anemones look a little funny and are reproducing like mad. Shortly after I took this pic they all bleached and died. The second picture is from January 2011. The tank is doing a lot better these days. They replaced all of the GBTA that died with this single one in 2010.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour