Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-29-2011, 04:29 PM

shootingstar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
With space being an issue this may not be any better of a solution but you could look into an algal scrubber to remove nitrates instead of a skimmer. They of course require more work and are a bit unsightly IMO if not hidden well. Also if you have access to mangroves I think they are supposed to remove nitrates. Could throw some of those in your sump with a light if you dont have one...

FWIW I dont use any of the above options just food for thought as I see others are using them.
Hubby will never go for a scrubber in plain sight in the living room.... mind you I am waiting on him and his welder to get the new stand built so might be a good way to speed up progress and move the upgrade along.

In regards to mangroves .... and most of the things that most salt water enthusiasts take for granted.....I am in "reef-beria" no access to pretty much anything unless it is mail-order. Same for "buying used" suggestions. I see all kinds of stuff all the time for sale on the forums and 99% of the sellers won't ship so it's just not an option.