Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-23-2011, 01:43 AM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

Got more rock today... was given about 15lbs or so I think. LOL... I was given one huge piece of fiji LR that is about 9.5 inches wide, by 9 or so inches Long by 6.5 or so inches high... It has to be about 8lbs or more on it's own. LOL. Then the piece with the shell on it is cool. I think that one is around 1.5-2lbs.

I was also given a large piece, I would say around 4-5lbs of eco-reefer rock, but there was no way it was going to fit in this tank with how simple I wanted to keep the aquascape. It was so dense I couldn't even hammer it into size. I would have to take it outside and try to smash it against stuff numerous times, and frankly I'm just too lazy to do that.

So here are some updated pix.
The new scape. I left a wide area in the middle about 12inches or so open for preparation for the sebae anemone. The rock on the left can be home to some high light sps or something maybe, and the right can be an acan garden.
Sorry for the microbubble filled tank.. letting the skimmer break in.

Then a pic of a cerith and black banded trochus snails doing their job and working at the diatoms.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..

Last edited by Nebthet; 01-23-2011 at 01:51 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 AM

Now for some pic updates for what I have in this tank currently.

I broke some red digi frags and tricolor acro frag off accidentally when I was trying to catch the little clowns.. so I threw them in here to see if I could salvage them at all. I also put in a frag of gsp from my main system as well because I like the color.

The xenia isn't dead!! I think that is a good sign. I use the stuff like a tank barometer.

Spaghetti worm

The purple ochtodes frag I put in here to help with nitrates is growing rather nicely. And to my surprise had two small keds reds zoa frags on it.

The green acan seems happy in here as well.

Then I tried taking a pic of the bulbs to see if I could.

With the cycling complete and all the rock I want put in there, it is just a matter of time before I finally get the two little clown in there new home.. If worse comes to worse, it might be the two larger clowns going in if they prove to be the easier to catch. If so, then I want to put the nem in there first.

The pods I seeded the tank with have done their thing also and now I have about 20 or so visible pods I see from time to walking on the sand or rocks. I also seeded in there spaghetti worms to help with the cleaning process.

Right end of the tank looking through to the other side.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

You take a pretty dang sweet pic there Sarah.....I dont know if youve said it elsewhere but, whatcha shootin with?
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 02-02-2011, 04:28 AM

I use the canon T1i and swap between the stock 18-55mm lense and the 100mm f2.8 usm macro lense, for which I like the later lense better but still have lots to learn on taking good pics.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 AM

I added in more xenia, the one on the right. The original one is on the left. I want to see the growth difference in the two of them.

While not as purpley as before, due to the lighting change, this tricolor frag still appears to be happy in this tank.

Alienz!!! omgomgomg LOL.. I have sooo many of these in the tank. They are out night and day... only because they have no predators yet.

Another little frag I added from my 57g tank. Green Monti Cap and Zoas.

Monthly front tank shot: 02-15-2011
Old 02-22-2011, 06:34 AM

Some more pix now that I have Omen in this tank.
Remember, when looking at these pictures.. Omen will be 2 years old in May.....

Close up shot of Omen in his, soon to be her, new environment.

View from my Bed: Yes, that is my pillow in the way at the bottom left.

Better FTS without flash.

A Cerith, Pod and a Chiton walked into a bar......

Moved this acro into this tank to see if it would do better here. I had it in my 57 display on the side of the tank and it didn't like it there. I had moved it down to the sand bed there and it was doing great and beginning to color back up, but the duncans were getting very happy in there areas and beginning to touch this guy and I was running outta room down there. So, I decided to move it over to this tank, seeing how the digis and the other tricolor acro are happy and showing signs of great growth in the month or so they have been in the tank. Keep your fingers crossed.

Omen is seeming happy in his new home. He is adapting just fine. It is taking him a little while to realize that he can take his time eating as there are no bigger, or other clowns in this tank with him. He still will only eat the food on the water surface, but not so much when it starts sinking, so I am hoping I can start training that part out of him. I will be trying to feed him a little extra for the first little bit though to ensure he keeps his strength up during the transition.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:49 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post

The space ship has landed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post

Alienz!!!
and OMG there is an alien inside!

Great pic.'s I love the look of the black sand in this tank
Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 PM

silentcivilian is on a distinguished road

One: Love that you are using par bulbs, excited to see how everything does under this alien LED technology
Two: Very nice little tank, should be excellent once all the corals take off!
Three: Glad im not the only one who spelled nemo backwards to refer to their clown as Omen - Double kudos there!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:46 PM

hound96 is on a distinguished road
Default side track

had to have a little chuckle i have an identicle piece of live rock with the half clam shell on it i wounder if they are a pair lol
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound96 View Post
had to have a little chuckle i have an identicle piece of live rock with the half clam shell on it i wounder if they are a pair lol
That would be an interesting coincidence if they did fit together.