Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-12-2010, 03:04 PM

eguld is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
How can you fit 150 lbs of liverock in a 65 gallons tank? no wonder you only have 4 fish in there..there is no more room for anything else.
I have about 140 lbs of live rock: 80 lbs of low density and 60 lbs of denser Hawaiian waterfall base rock (it is great for building caves). I used to have 180 lbs but it was just too much rock. I can understand puting more rock because it gives the fish some good hiding places and brings down their stress (and because I like the look).
Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguld View Post
I have about 140 lbs of live rock: 80 lbs of low density and 60 lbs of denser Hawaiian waterfall base rock (it is great for building caves). I used to have 180 lbs but it was just too much rock. I can understand puting more rock because it gives the fish some good hiding places and brings down their stress (and because I like the look).

alot of people use 2-3 lbs per gallon, i have around 60lbs in my 33g some jakarta some tonga branch.i think its more on the rock you use, the layout of your tank and what you plan to have in there

in my new 200g i plan on having 100lbs of liverock in the sump alone and close to 200 in the display

like danialla said though porus rock is much better for pod production and its lighter too so you will get bigger pieces or more bang for your buck. 25 lbs of tonga branch could fit into a five gallon bucket while i have some pieces in my liverock bin that are around 10lbs and could fill two buckets

my female was eating frozen but should note that most that eat frozen will eat pods as well.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

I share other reefers concerns that you are already overstocked.
If you decide to go ahead anyway, cancell the order for the mandarins (yes you can do it) and definitely do not add a copperband.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:45 PM

eguld is on a distinguished road

I am kind of surprised that 9 small fish is overstocked in a 65 gallon tank but I may have to change my plans a bit....