Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 PM

Steve-O- is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the info guys this really upset me a bit i did everything i could to make sure it was right. Riight now in my life i dont have time to deal with this guy as i have had 2 deaths((Accidents)) in my family and i have to go to grief theropy over this. But your right it on all this really lifts my spirits up.
Thanks
Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Overnight shipping for Zoas or palys you should have no lose at all. Worse case the paly or zoa would still be there closed. If any lose would occur, it would happen in the following week. You would actually see the polyps melting or fadding away. Zoas and palys ship overnight and sometimes longer all the time with no issues. You can also ship zoas and palys with no water just in wet newspapper.

Chris
Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

It's good to see that everyone who has posted is on your side. Not only do people have to worry about who they buy stuff off of, now we have to worry about who you sell to. Stick to your guns.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:47 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
You can also ship zoas and palys with no water just in wet newspapper.
this is so true, i moved LR with zoas on them and they were out of the water for 6 hours and they opened within the hour of being back in the water. If i recall properly someone had LR out of water for 6 months and than put it in the water and they opened back on. it was either on here or RC. Zoa's and palys can retain water for a while.

Best of luck to you bud, were on your side
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 PM

whatcaneyedo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to whatcaneyedo

I think someone already asked this but did they send you a picture as proof?

I find it pretty hard to believe that there was any actual death as well. I brought two coolers of coral down with me to Chilliwack in early May. They sat in the back of a pickup truck the whole way and through a freak snow storm just after 100 Mile. When we arrived the two heat packs had kept everything luke warm to the touch. Most of what I brought was picked up first thing he next day but two bags of zoanthids sat there getting cold because one person couldn't make it. By the time I finally got someone else to get them they were cold to the touch and had been in bags for over 24 hours. Yet they still looked absolutely fine. Maybe the person who eventually got them can chime in to say how they are doing now.

Old 120gal Tank Journal
New 225gal Tank Journal
May 2010 TOTM
The 10th Annual Prince George Reef Tank Tour
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Well since everyone has an opinion I will post up picks.......

I just got home from work to find this and it seems that there are a few people with big comments.....

The fact of the matter is that I paid for 100 polyps and only received 65ish if your counting the baby heads that can hardly be seen.....

I shipped greyhound because I thought it was cost effective and arrived the next day. The order arrived well with only 5 heads that were flattened and those polyps were on the side and did open up.

The package was shipped excellent in a styrafoam box, double bagged, lots of water and 5 heat packs no worries there.

here is the colony I recieved....

And just so were clear I PAID FOR 100 POLYPS!!!!! that is the point, not how much I paid.

For those of you that saw the original add you know these are alittle less than what was pictured.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 PM

I do admit those look really thin to what i sent you. Really spaced out truthfully doesn't even look like the same coral.

This is what i sent like i said i took the whole rock out into and bag then to the bus stop

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48470641@N03/4689889238/

I have no answers for this because im looking for answers on how this could happen.

Last edited by Steve-O-; 06-25-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 AM

hockey nut is on a distinguished road

So it's kind of like buying a case of beer. If you pay for a dozen beer but get home and only finding 7 beer in the case expecting 12 beer..... I would be upset too. But then again I like beer.

Also it seems pretty harsh for most of you to take one side without hearing both sides....... wow!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:41 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Default Nuclear green Paly Die Off rate

The only thing I have to add to this interesting thread is..
Old 06-25-2010, 12:44 AM

I posted this to find answers is all on what could of happened. Personally i look at his picture he posted and mine and there is a huge difference. So far i have red people with Zoa or Pally who shipped them had no problems at all so why is this so different.

I also didn't use any names for this as i was looking for answer but im pretty much about to log off this site and not come back for months because i can't deal with this right now.

So thanks to all for the input on the subject i sent them he got them somthing happened i am done. Like he said Buyer beware market i guess i just will never sell anything again.
Closed Thread