Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-20-2010, 05:38 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear. I don't want to judge whoever the original poster pointing at but it is two way streets especially when selling live stock. As seller, you hold and hold and buyer never show up. As buyer, seller agree to hold and never got back because they already sell to some one else. It is canreef, some is bad and some is very good :-)

Actually it is the same for dry stock. WTH
Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 PM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

One of the funniest is when you tell someone "yes it is still for sale but I'm not selling it to you". I did that to someone and my PM box got filled with insane messages in 2 days. Glad I never gave them my phone number. One of the reasons that person eventually got all 3 of themselves banned from this site.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:42 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road
Default Pending

Ooh this is sooo much fun. I do love a good flame session! Now everyone start nameing some names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 PM

bignose is on a distinguished road

This goes two ways. Don't forget about no shows when you promise to hold something for someone. It's happened so many times to me and you push off other plans to help a person out.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Nebthet is on a distinguished road

I hate it when a site says they will deliver to you and to email them with what you want and they accept paypal, and then when you make the request to get something specific in, they either don't tell you it has come in, or when it does come in (on the third request) they say they will deliver it to you themselves as they have to drive through your area, but then cancel that the day before arrangements are made, and don't want to accept a paypal payment and delivery option that is noted on their own darn website.
Then, when you know you can travel the few hours up there, and you still want that fish, they don't want to get it for you because it is you fault you didn't get it the last time, despite specifying how you wanted it.
Very frustrating.
Nebthet Special Forces Aqua Division...Codename Nebanatior...Mission: Coral Recovery..... Don't say anymore on this form I've detected a key tap surveillance system ..I think they are on to you.. what hu no.. no....please..
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose View Post
This goes two ways. Don't forget about no shows when you promise to hold something for someone. It's happened so many times to me and you push off other plans to help a person out.
I so agree to, if you say you are coming to pick up something BE THERE or at the least call the seller asap to make other plans.

I have only been burned once by a member who sold me a Mag 36 pump with a broken impeller for $120, let me tell you I was ****ed off.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 06-20-2010, 09:35 PM

fiorano is on a distinguished road

ive had it where i was selling an overflow to a member on here and adresses were exchanged and i was waiting for the money order to ship... then it never came and the person suddenly wouldnt pm me back or anything... how hard is it to say o i dont want that overflow? it was very frusturating
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

feel a little bad doing it but after a few no shows (even when giving stuff away), unless I know the person, it's first come first served.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
feel a little bad doing it but after a few no shows (even when giving stuff away), unless I know the person, it's first come first served.
It is a little different when you know the person and I do agree to the first come first serve to some extent.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build
Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 PM

foxfishfan is on a distinguished road

It's like placing a newspaper ad or bargain finder ad, 90% of those who say they'll take it 'for sure' never show up. I guess that's their way of being nice, but it's actually worse as you tell anyone else that it's been sold.