Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaundry View Post
120g is way too small imo. 300g-500g would be a minimum and I think that is too small..my 2 cents
+1 Way way too small a tank. The smallest get 2 feet wide
Old 05-14-2010, 04:12 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
thanks alot im gonna check those out im heading to calgary now for the day im gonna ask around down there while im checking the stores.i was talking with ken from blue world here in edmonton hes going to be the one to get them for me i belive im aiming as small as possible.hes had rays before and seems to know alot about them. im going to try to get 2-3" for starters im going to stress to them that they need to be small were looking have these guys for a long time.i was told buy a guy the other day diss the sump and go biggest skimmer i can buy any thoughts??? thanks for replying i need all the info i can get
c

i seriously doubt that Blue world would sell you a sting ray for a 120.
You need to buy a fish for the size it gets not the size it is.
It is never a good idea to buy a fish that gets big with the idea that you will than get a bigger tank. Things change in life; money issue, girlfriends, divorce, moving etc
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

ok.....soooooooo again ill state its the starting tank not what it will have forever , and i understand things change but then so we still have kids and mortgages and other sacrifices we make trust me like every other thing ill suffer it out.

so im going to re phrase the post a bit not to sound mean but any advice is good not the same ol stuff post after post, im looking for actual experiences from people who have owned them so if anyone has had them before pls tell me what kind and what were the things youve noticed that you dont find in your average saltwater ray google search cause i can do that. thanks for the replies
Old 01-14-2011, 02:39 AM

Aqua Man is on a distinguished road

I keep blue spotted rays (ribbon tail version) in a 400 gallon. They really like to eat mysis shrip. I am going to read all the posts on here and may have more comments, tips or even questions. So far mine are happy. I am curious as to your progress.

Corey