Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-06-2010, 03:42 AM

fishytime will become famous soon enough

feel free to pm me too Leah
260g mixed reef, 105g sump, water blaster 7000 return, Bubble King SM 300 skimmer, Aqua Controller Jr, 4 radions, 3 Tunze 6055s,1 tunze 6065, 2 Vortech MP40s, Vortech MP20, Tunze ATO, GHL SA2 doser, 2 TLF reactors (1 carbon, 1 rowa). http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50034 . Tank Video here http://www.vimeo.com/2304609 and here http://www.vimeo.com/16591694
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 AM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

PM away and take pics

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 03-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Leah, you know you can PM me too if I can help at all. Given that multiple tanks is kinda your thing...I'd be surprised if you didn't just set that 72 back up again.

Have you taken any of the other tanks down since I last visited you?

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:21 AM
bvlester

Leah while I am dropping the tank off I maybe able to setup a temp sump so get a pump just in case. and have a bunch of water ready to put in before hand once it is started there is no turning back We will have to conect the plumbing anyways so you don't have water on your floor. I'll find out what size plumbing it has again memory is going with not working and all. So here it is I am leaving in the am after I get up some time will call once I get to Kelowna. Mark did say all plumbing is hidden so things are looking up a bit on this one. I have to check that corner overflow how many holes are drilled 2 or 3 I hope 3 then you have a drain and a emergincy drain and a return. I'll also check on ball velves for you, see if there is any in the plumbing package, there is alot in the bag. I want to go by there anyways and see what else was in the bags that were still floating when I was there.

Bill
Old 03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Wow,

Thanks you guy's and Carmen so much. You are all so amazing and encouraging with all your support. I may stand a chance at pulling it off with your guy's and Carmen's help. Carmen, if your rings constantly... it is me ....going to go garbage can shopping today ...Woo Hoo! Fun stuff.

I am getting excited now. I have sorta gotten over the initial shock of what have I gotten myself into...but sure it is temporary once I see the tank. Learning why this is a guy's thing mostly.

Msseepman He he! No Mark they are all still running. But I will be selling my 72 soon. Hey, Mark next Saturday would be a great day to come visit me. ... I have stuff for you still.

Bill, maybe let me know then WHAT all I will need, as I have the water thing under control but as for anything else well kinda stuck on that part. I can try and sort it all out before you get here.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Anyone want to BRAVE a visit over the weekend. Should be pretty fish'y around here...if nothing else it should be entertaining to watch.

I can have beer, wine what ever it takes. Lots of take out... I imagine. I even have lots of extra beds if need be.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:15 PM

banditpowdercoat is on a distinguished road

Your gona love it Leah, Settin up the tanks is the funnest part., Well except for aquascaping LOL

Umm, a tank or 5
Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
Your gona love it Leah, Settin up the tanks is the funnest part., Well except for aquascaping LOL
Ah ya!.. Dan

I am sure I will love it...if I live through it. I am sure my Dr. may have something to say if she new I was doing this at the moment. Thinking it may be a big no no.

Aqua scaping and I... hmm, we'll see what I come up with, hey!

Last edited by Leah; 03-07-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvlester View Post
Leah while I am dropping the tank off I maybe able to setup a temp sump so get a pump just in case. and have a bunch of water ready to put in before hand once it is started there is no turning back We will have to conect the plumbing anyways so you don't have water on your floor. I'll find out what size plumbing it has again memory is going with not working and all. So here it is I am leaving in the am after I get up some time will call once I get to Kelowna. Mark did say all plumbing is hidden so things are looking up a bit on this one. I have to check that corner overflow how many holes are drilled 2 or 3 I hope 3 then you have a drain and a emergincy drain and a return. I'll also check on ball velves for you, see if there is any in the plumbing package, there is alot in the bag. I want to go by there anyways and see what else was in the bags that were still floating when I was there.

Bill
Bill,

THANK YOU!

This would not probably have happened with out all your help!!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:36 PM

H2o2 is on a distinguished road

What I did was when I put my 180 in the spot of my 75 was get 2 2x4s and 2 hydraulic jacks and blocks and a 4 wheel dolly (needs 2 people ) drain sump right out and tank right down except enough water for fish 2 swim.Put the 2x4 under edge of tank stand then jacks then blocks .2 people jack same time just enough for dolly put under lower move to where you want to and repeat and refill start up.Then you have all the time you need to plumb and and ready before big move.