Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM

rocco134 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Yeah, too bad... This is a very beautiful fish. I have a Blonde Naso, he is only about 4-5 inches, but wow he is beautiful.
maybe a bigger tank is in the cards..LOL
Old 11-01-2009, 08:56 PM

phillybean is on a distinguished road

I have a Blonde Naso in my 75 and will be moving him to my 125 in the Spring. a 125 is a 6' tank, so it's fine.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM

Van-rookie is on a distinguished road

can always get small tangs for now
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybean View Post
I have a Blonde Naso in my 75 and will be moving him to my 125 in the Spring. a 125 is a 6' tank, so it's fine.

Thanks! anyone else's thoughts on this... The tank is 6 feet long but i dont want to get one knowing that he will just have to be moved in the future
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van-rookie View Post
can always get small tangs for now
does this mean small as is tangs that dont get very big or small as in juveniles?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 PM

Van-rookie is on a distinguished road

juveniles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco134 View Post
does this mean small as is tangs that dont get very big or small as in juveniles?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:41 PM

I have no intentions on moving my Naso into a tank bigger than 125, until my next upgrade, which I imagine is 5 years or so down the line.

At the end of the day, the so called "Tang Police" will say a Naso Tang won't be happy in a Tank smaller than 180 gallons. In my opinion, my Naso is stoked about life in my 75 gallon. He gets to eat whenever he wants, has no predators, no aggression at all in the tank etc.

The 125 is more about more room for my Corals than my fish, that said, I feel that a full grown tang, with the exception of Purple, Yellow and Scopa Tangs need 6' long tank. That said, the biggest tang I've seen in a Tank was a 14", 2" thick Hippo tang in a 5' 180. She was big, healthy and for all intensive purposes "happy".

My advice, deal more with Bioload, maintence. Get one or two "big" fish, a couple medium ones and some small ones.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I have no intentions on moving my Naso into a tank bigger than 125, until my next upgrade, which I imagine is 5 years or so down the line.

At the end of the day, the so called "Tang Police" will say a Naso Tang won't be happy in a Tank smaller than 180 gallons. In my opinion, my Naso is stoked about life in my 75 gallon. He gets to eat whenever he wants, has no predators, no aggression at all in the tank etc.

The 125 is more about more room for my Corals than my fish, that said, I feel that a full grown tang, with the exception of Purple, Yellow and Scopa Tangs need 6' long tank. That said, the biggest tang I've seen in a Tank was a 14", 2" thick Hippo tang in a 5' 180. She was big, healthy and for all intensive purposes "happy".

My advice, deal more with Bioload, maintence. Get one or two "big" fish, a couple medium ones and some small ones.

Thanks phillybean! gives me some more perspective on this. since we are on the topic, what type of food do you feed yours?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:27 AM

No problem, there are a lot of opinions in this hobby, I have mine, others have theirs. The big thing is to get to a point where you have success and keep it that way.

I feed two cubes of Mysis Daily, a quarter sheet of Nori every 2nd day and Pellets/flake food once a day on the days I don't feed Nori.

Once in a blue moon (when I am all out of Mysis) I feed a Manila Clam. All my fish, crabs and bristle worms enjoy the treat.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
No problem, there are a lot of opinions in this hobby, I have mine, others have theirs. The big thing is to get to a point where you have success and keep it that way.

I feed two cubes of Mysis Daily, a quarter sheet of Nori every 2nd day and Pellets/flake food once a day on the days I don't feed Nori.

Once in a blue moon (when I am all out of Mysis) I feed a Manila Clam. All my fish, crabs and bristle worms enjoy the treat.
very cool! who is the guy in the middle? (not the cleaner wrasse (i think that what the blue is))