Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia

Old 08-06-2009, 05:20 AM

chujai is on a distinguished road

thats a shame that his orders has not been going very well out here on the west coast. i ordered from him a few times in ottawa, a lot closer to him with great success... replacement orders on DOA were respected when i told him about it.

but yeah. great experiences from him before...
Old 08-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

So.....

if the replacement order for the last West Coast group buy has taken a couple of months with little or no communications from Burc, what makes you think things will be different now?

Sorry, but having helped out with the last two group buys, the lack of communications is a real PITA to deal with. I like to give people who are trying to do things better a break but until the replacements come in from the last GB, do you all really think sending more money & orders in is a really wise thing to do? I think its time for Burc to step up to the plate & prove that he's serious about staying in business & keeping his paying customers happy. Doing more group buys while the last one is still incomplete just doesn't sound like a good course of action.

I am really tempted by some of the pics on his site, but he has yet to prove that he can deliver what he promises. Sorry Burc but I know what a headache the last guy has been going through trying to get any replies or kept promises so I have to put this out there.

Step up to the plate or this type of warning post will become all too common. Henry has been far more patient & accommodating than you have any right to expect. Empty promises & broken promises are terrible foundations for a company that expects us to send money and buy stuff sight-unseen on the internet. Mistakes happen. Now its time to get your act together.

I know from reading other threads about other frag purchases that ours is NOT an isolated incident. If I have a good transaction with someone, I will let people know. The opposite is true & this long wait with no word & no hope for a quick, easy resolution has to be also communicated to others.

Just my $.02.

Anthony
Old 08-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Ephraim is on a distinguished road

^ +1

I don't know why people insist supporting this retailer?
Old 08-06-2009, 03:12 PM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road

Pssst . . .

You guys want some real nice frags and real good prices, but want them actually in your hands when you fork over the cash?

Check out my sig . . .

Last edited by fkshiu; 08-06-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:25 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreef View Post
You people will never learn...i gave up after the 3rd time
+100 !!

it is easy to get lured in by the $10 frags... No big deal right? if one or two don't make it, that's $10 or $20 bucks, no big deal.. Or, I'll just get him to replace them with the next order, no big deal.. well, after 3 orders with him and trying to recover my dead frags I am now $50 in the hole and have given up trying to recover them. Each time I order it gets worse and worse The last time I received an order the FedEx guy commented on how his truck stank and was wondering why my box was soaking wet and leaking everywhere.. Sorry for the hijack, but there is a very good reason why a lot of people are disgruntled and complaining.

Last edited by kien; 08-06-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Coincidentally is on a distinguished road

The last order I go tfrom burc was fine, mind you i did not order any sps. I did get good sized corals, one was freshly cut, but it is doing great. I have emailed him asking if we can get prompt shipping and if the frags are still available, lets see how long a response takes and we can go from there. I would love to load some pics but I still have not figured out how to post them...
Old 08-06-2009, 05:17 PM

dreef is on a distinguished road

There no reason that the coolers should be leaking.I gladly pay for a REAL cooler that others use for shipping.Not a cardboard box lined with styro,just not the same,doesn't seal properly.And the your order is shipping..... nothing... no response is sickning.It gets tiring waiting.......and waiting to recieve some of what you ordered (maybe) and the rest is dead.I'm older and a bit wiser,i just buy elsewhere,so what if it costs 30 for a frag,i get what i payed for.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:31 AM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

I wish I would have known about this BS prior to going in on a group order in my area. I would have gone with another vendor instead. Currently we're in the process of trying to get our replacement shipment. The first one arrived DOA because it sat in Vancouver over a weekend. People, and not just vendors need to understand that when shipping to small towns outside of major urban centers, they can't ship things on a Friday morning and expect them to get there the same day. Berc is probably fighting with his carrier to re-imburse him for the losses in our case, but communication has stopped between us. Which is very frustrating indeed.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 11-18-2009, 04:03 AM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

There are many good vendors on this Forum. Personally, I would recommend Coral Master. Snappy's (Greg) pricing can be a little high at times, but I find his quality outstanding, and he does stand by his product. I would recommend him anytime, otherwise I also buy from local reefers from here also.

Knowing the type of vendor Burc is, why do you all still want to take a chance, forget him and move on to others that actually value you as a customer.

Just my .02 cents

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

You guy's and Gal's are crazy, unless you really enjoy the gamble cause that is what it is.