Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 04-12-2009, 03:08 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

So anyone have one up and running yet? Been thinking about getting one but the exchange rate......

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andestang View Post
So anyone have one up and running yet? Been thinking about getting one but the exchange rate......
Just waiting on the glass drill I ordered to install the 2" bulkhead, even with the exchange it was less than $275.00 which IMO is pretty good for a pump of this quality.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:51 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

haven't heard one but fr the RC thread they seem loud. A Darts flow with the noise of a Barracuda, might not be the best choice directly below a display. Then there's quality control problems (impellers rattling loose).
Old 04-24-2009, 03:52 AM

Mrfish55 is on a distinguished road

Finally got around to hooking this pump up (helps that the glass drill finally arrived) So far I am thrilled with it, I don't know how others that complained of noise hooked there pump up but I can barely hear mine, easily twice as quiet as the Little Giant 2md I use for my mixing tank and only barely louder than the Poseiden ps4 I am using for a return. I have it running my Precision Marine Bullet skimmer and I have never seen so much foam in it, me likey
Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM

Interior_Reef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Interior_Reef

I agree completly. I have a BF2500 running on one of our systems. It delivers water to 4 x 55G tanks, and 2 x 20G tanks, from the sump. 2 of the 55s are at a maximum height of 7ft, and they each one, on a 1" ballvalve is open about 1/3, still leaving TONS more flow if i need it.

As for the noise. It's vurtually silent. i can hear the odd gurgle from the Durso's more than the pump.

I am quite impressed with these pumps. I have 1 more to use, and it will be feeding our new coral display once set up.

And finally for the heat.
After about 5 hours, any one of the snappers or darts i have used, gets hot to the touch, and i mean burn fingers hot.

The blackfin, not even slightly warm.

I love these pumps, so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfish55 View Post
Finally got around to hooking this pump up (helps that the glass drill finally arrived) So far I am thrilled with it, I don't know how others that complained of noise hooked there pump up but I can barely hear mine, easily twice as quiet as the Little Giant 2md I use for my mixing tank and only barely louder than the Poseiden ps4 I am using for a return. I have it running my Precision Marine Bullet skimmer and I have never seen so much foam in it, me likey
Follow us on Facebook aswell!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:16 PM

Dez is on a distinguished road

I have the blackfin 6000 running and it's a loud hum. I'm so glad that the pump is in my basement. I am very happy with the flow and the pump does run cool. Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

I recently bought the 3600...it arrived quickly but I haven't hooked it up yet.

Looking forward to what it can do.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Just an update on these pumps...apparently they are back selling them again after making a few changes to the packaging to help stop so much shipping damage.

They tell me that they are offering people who purchased one of the original Blackfins a really hot deal on more if they want them. They offered me $219 on a second BF3600 if I wanted it.

Just in case someone needs more of these I thought I would let you know.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.