Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

I've been wondering also if I would be able to keep two different pairs in the 187G tank I'm building. Would be neat.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I've been wondering also if I would be able to keep two different pairs in the 187G tank I'm building. Would be neat.
I think for sure you can if you add them all at once. My problem is the pair I have are already established. I kind of think I could add two more but I don't know if its worth risking.

If I do try, it will be a pair of black clowns. And I would try to find some from a member that come with an anemone, so hopefully I can put the nem on the other side of the tank and they will keep hosting it away from my current clowns. We'll see.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:59 AM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I agree if you put them in at the same time you have a good chance....but not after the clowns have established themselves. My trio tried to kill the Naked Clown pair I put in.....and they had not been in the tank for a long time...just long enough...they're in a 150g and they use the entire tank. When people say clowns don't swim around much...well mine do...one side of the tank to the other...and they play host with ... a wavebox...no corals I have offered or anything. They did start to play in a large brain coral I had...but then I had a fish nipping it so the brain came out..and back to the wavebox.

GSP I totally get the wanting the Grade A or Premium pair. They are much nicer and great colors...now if only we could get some Snowflake or Snowcasso's in.....THAT would be cool! Here is a thread that sort of gives an overview of what this guy grades his clowns as;
http://www.donisreef.com/examples.html

Old 03-30-2009, 04:14 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

Doni's a girl

I actually ordered 2 pairs (A & B) from her last year but they didnt make it. It was the shipping companies fault thou. Ordered overnight express and didnt arrive till 2 days later.

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 03-30-2009, 04:16 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
Doni's a girl

OOPS....even better though!

Too bad they didn't make it...some really nice fish on the site!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Phanman is on a distinguished road

yea i was really sad. The babies were so cute when they got here. Just not alive

3x20g Display Established June 08|Koralia nano, 1, 4|Euroreef Skimmer|250W MH retro kit|Mag 18 return|RODI
120g Display Established Jan 1, 09|Vortech MP40|Koralia 4|I-Tech 100 w Tunze 9410.04A|Aquactinics Constellation 7x54W|Mag 18 return|RODI
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 PM

karazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
Doni's a girl

I actually ordered 2 pairs (A & B) from her last year but they didnt make it. It was the shipping companies fault thou. Ordered overnight express and didnt arrive till 2 days later.
how did you order them? it says on the site that they only ship to the continental US?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:31 PM

Howdy is on a distinguished road

I believe Phanman had asked Doni to give Canada a try (correct me if I am wrong Phanman) and due to the unfortunate results is not shipping anywhere other than the continental US at this time.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I agree if you put them in at the same time you have a good chance....but not after the clowns have established themselves. My trio tried to kill the Naked Clown pair I put in.....and they had not been in the tank for a long time...just long enough...they're in a 150g and they use the entire tank. When people say clowns don't swim around much...well mine do...one side of the tank to the other...and they play host with ... a wavebox...no corals I have offered or anything. They did start to play in a large brain coral I had...but then I had a fish nipping it so the brain came out..and back to the wavebox.

GSP I totally get the wanting the Grade A or Premium pair. They are much nicer and great colors...now if only we could get some Snowflake or Snowcasso's in.....THAT would be cool! Here is a thread that sort of gives an overview of what this guy grades his clowns as;
http://www.donisreef.com/examples.html
My clowns are the opposite, they will not leave their anemone much. The female left the other day and made it all the way to the other side of the tank before getting scared and zipping back to the nem. I have never again seen either of them more than about a foot from their home.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:28 AM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
My clowns are the opposite, they will not leave their anemone much. The female left the other day and made it all the way to the other side of the tank before getting scared and zipping back to the nem. I have never again seen either of them more than about a foot from their home.
I've read in the wild clowns usually don't get much farther than 2 meters from their host nem... 2 meters in the ocean, 1-2ft in our tanks... Seems about right.. haha!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988