Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > DIY

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM

johncody is on a distinguished road

my lights were 10" off the top of the water 3 250 SE MH and i had 4 5" fans running and center light to come on 1 hrs before the 2 outside lights and run for 5 hrs as a set then outside 2 shut down and center light for 30 more mins and then shut down to activate led moon lights for the night and my temp range when from 78.4 to 80.1 through out a 24 hrs period.

Cheers JC
Old 02-22-2009, 05:48 PM

rocketlily is on a distinguished road

Here's the picture of the fans I am using. I have one pointed underneath each of the MH's.

Here's the plug in they are wired to:

When buying the plug in you have to make sure it can handle the number of fans you are using. Each fan was .17A (or 170 mA) and the plug in is 450 mA. The total of the fans must not exceed the output of the plug in.

An ordinary lamp cord was wired to the plug in, then each of the fans were wired to the cord. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of this process. Anyone familiar with house or auto wiring will be able to help you with it.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
Here's the picture of the fans I am using. I have one pointed underneath each of the MH's.

Here's the plug in they are wired to:

When buying the plug in you have to make sure it can handle the number of fans you are using. Each fan was .17A (or 170 mA) and the plug in is 450 mA. The total of the fans must not exceed the output of the plug in.

An ordinary lamp cord was wired to the plug in, then each of the fans were wired to the cord. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of this process. Anyone familiar with house or auto wiring will be able to help you with it.
No thats great. Pretty much what I figured I would do but just wanted to make sure since I am not great with electrical.

My brother found me a few great car fans made for interior use (so really quiet) that look very nice and are incredibly strong. I think I will try a few of them.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 AM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Check this out;

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=17129

NCIX has a great PC fan selection. Figured I'd share this link, as it's a 3-speed fan so you can try different speeds and check results as not to cause over evaporation. Use a similar transformer just like rocketlily posted pic of
Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM

oilfieldsafety is on a distinguished road
Default Fans

I picked up mine from Memory Express they were $19 ea. Although they only move 30 CFM a piece I sure like the noise level, 8db.