Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Aqua Digital > Fauna Marin Reviews

Old 02-20-2009, 08:58 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Yep you are 100% right it is a thread to promote the product as it is a fauna marin product thread, and the purpose is to highlight the product works, I can not make people believe that is up to them i can only show genuine results just like the review on here also. People ask for results so I show them plus provide live reviews such as Mikes (link below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the other post - Yep using fauna for sure will clear algea problems.

And yes you can get results from not using LNS but the benefits of using it which i am trying to show really outway not using it.

It all depends what you want to achieve. But even if your sights are not that high look at this review and the positive results the user is getting, just by using some of the range

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...=47670&page=12

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-20-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

may be this will help you out Mike
http://vimeo.com/3247428?pg=transcod...ed&sec=3247428
Old 02-20-2009, 09:24 PM

Yep really shows the massive polyp extension you got going on using the min-s ultra clam and bak and Bio

Need to get some good close ups of that colour you got going on, see if you can twist the wifes arm to get camera snappy
Old 02-20-2009, 09:32 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

i have been reading the instruction on how to take pic's going to try some tonight.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 PM

email them to me first sales@aqua-digital.com
Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
see if you can twist the wifes arm to get camera snappy
Anyone else read that like I just did? Lol =)

There are many factors that lead to a reef like that. But still...what a reef!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 PM

Here is the before picture

Here is the start of the thread where simon changes over to Fauna Marin Zeo system called Ultra Lith

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...146812&page=37

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-20-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:41 PM

High tide is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is the before picture

Here is the start of the thread where simon changes over to Fauna Marin Zeo system called Ultra Lith

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...146812&page=37
There is no doubt that Simon's aquarium is healthy, mature, and vibrant. Fauna Marin was not the only change he made to his aquarium, there are few things different. That photo is the least flattering photo of a newly established reef I have seen in a while,it's still going through cyano blooms. The before photo was taken under normal lighting(or maybe old crappy lighting,I don't know).The photos you've shown us are taken under actinic or higher kelvin bulbs....still not convincing enough.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Thats sort of the point, the first photo is intended to show the tank at its starting point

people ask "please show us before photos" now I do thats not good enough either Hmmm .

I guess some people you will never convince, or users/retailers of competitors products that dont like competition .

So in that case all I can add is go get a bottle of Min-s nothing else and see for yourself

Also I must add the photo was taken 3 years before he even considered using fauna so you cant exactly say he took a crappy picture on purpose to promote the product. if you read the full text of the admittedly long review you will see many positive reference to results obtained by using the product.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 02-20-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok I understand you want to see this tank from scratch so here is the full tank build thread,

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/s...d.php?t=146812

I also should state, I have met Simon, he is highly respected in the UK network and would only use products that worked.
Everyone who puts something into their tank is coming to claim this

Just look at the support for products like purple up or people who think aragonite is going to dissolve in their tanks...
Not saying that the 'ol Lith doesn't work, I use zeovit and i swear when i open the bottles i smell vineger and vodka..i think even if they don't work they provide enough illusion that they work which forces the users to do the most crucial part of a great reef...regular orderly upkeep and maintenance. <--which i think is the key to a great reef...most totm caliber tanks have all this in common. But there are a lot of totm caliber tanks that do lousy maintence (if they are telling the truth) so who knows. I don't think it can hurt a tank...and it probably does help....the degree to which it helps though is honestly only able to be judged if you use said system (zeo, lith whatever)

Since using zeo i've noticed changes that were not there before...is this zeovit doing it? I dunno, but i like what is happening so i continue to use it.
There are simply too many variables i think in reefkeeping to say 100% yes or no to this type of product. With my own personal experiences in zeovit compared to others...some get bad cyano...i get none of that...etc. I think one needs to experiment on ones tank in order to gauge the effectiveness of any product, the amount of experimenting you are willing to do is...well up to you. To claim that using ultralith your tank will look like the guy in the uk is false advertisement i think....would be better to say it has the potential to look like that (of which i have no real doubt it couldn't...given time)

Hope that made sense....I'm bust reading adorno for a paper..and a little zonked.

Last edited by Pan; 02-20-2009 at 10:57 PM.