Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned

dabandit is on a distinguished road

Lol ahh phelps,I knew you'd chime in at some point lol I'm trying here.I am sorry I cant please you,I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can lol
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

hey no worries , but all im saying some people get into this hobby thinking that i have a fresh water tank, i will take all my fish out sell them, put in SALT and put in fish. done , but no tha is not how we do it ,as you can detest to that ... you could put in there what what nitrites, ammonia, nitrates, mean, and why its important to not let your tank swing in Temp, PH, etc building those basic's will help get the newbies a better understanding on how SALT Water really works.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
Prob better just to give them this link I found...

www.canreef.com

The point is to give basic information,so that when people come to a site like this they arent lost in the thousands of different opinions. You and I know enough to make our own informed decisions on what advice is good and bad,but a beginner doesnt. Just like I did'nt when I came here,like I'm sure you did'nt either. These sites can be very intimidating
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

hey man don't get discourage, when people make comments it comes do to what ever you put some one will alway have a negitive effect on what you stated that is the life of reefkeeping. Your doing a great job and alot of people will read this and thank you. it take alot of time to ype out what you have learnt over the months ,years to come up with this is excellent to take your own time to help others out.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeus View Post
hey man don't get discourage, when people make comments it comes do to what ever you put some one will alway have a negitive effect on what you stated that is the life of reefkeeping. Your doing a great job and alot of people will read this and thank you. it take alot of time to ype out what you have learnt over the months ,years to come up with this is excellent to take your own time to help others out.
It's all good,I have this need to please everyone yet I know I cant.
Thanks for the kind words,this is just a test site hopefully it will only get better with time, I will work on any suggestion I get,and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to try to help me try to help someone else even if I dissagree. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read it now and in the future.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabandit View Post
The point is to give basic information,so that when people come to a site like this they arent lost in the thousands of different opinions.
Feel free to set up whatever info site you wish but in reference to a site like this, Christy put in many long hours on our superb reference library. Just thought I would add that in.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:15 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabandit View Post
Lol ahh phelps,I knew you'd chime in at some point lol I'm trying here.I am sorry I cant please you,I'm beginning to wonder if anyone can lol
I just don't think you should make such an emphasis on stating it's the "right" way. What's right for you isn't always right for everyone else. Plus I find this a little amusing since it kind of contradicts your last little vent about people claiming to be experts.

The good thing about site like this (canreef) is that people are more accountable for the advice they give as others can post their thoughts and opinions which can contradict or support theory's.

All this also seems to be more of a rebellion on your part. From where I sit it seems you've become a little upset with the response to your "expertise" on this and other forums and decided to take a different approach.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I just don't think you should make such an emphasis on stating it's the "right" way. What's right for you isn't always right for everyone else. Plus I find this a little amusing since it kind of contradicts your last little vent about people claiming to be experts.

The good thing about site like this (canreef) is that people are more accountable for the advice they give as others can post their thoughts and opinions which can contradict or support theory's.

All this also seems to be more of a rebellion on your part. From where I sit it seems you've become a little upset with the response to your "expertise" on this and other forums and decided to take a different approach.

LMAO you must have a vivid imagination. I love this site I refer people all the time I couldnt replace it and I have no desire to. The reason why I made a blog at all is because im off work,never blogged before and wanted to try out add sense. So I figured what better than a blog about something I love interpret it as you may.

AND CLICK MY LINKS LOL!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 PM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

You might want to do some proofreading.

An example:
Quote: "A phosban is a tube filled with carbon or phosphate removal media,with a small pump to push the water through the tube."

I think you mean "A reactor is a tube....", no? IMO, the the word "cylinder" might be more accurate too. But that's just my opinion. The point is...how you convey your knowledge is just as important as the knowledge itself.

I noticed some spelling errors, too.

Also, a Ca reactor maintains Alkalinity as well.

HTH and cheers,

Last edited by Johnny Reefer; 12-18-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Reefer View Post
You might want to do some proofreading.

An example:
Quote: "A phosban is a tube filled with carbon or phosphate removal media,with a small pump to push the water through the tube."

I think you mean "A reactor is a tube....", no?

I noticed some spelling errors, too.

Also, a Ca reactor maintains Alkalinity as well.

HTH and cheers,

Lol I didn't refer to it as a reactor because well it is a tube and phosban are cheap figured it would be clearer than calling it a reactor but thanks for the pointer Also I didn't think too many newbies would be running over 100gallons so I didnt go into detail but again thanks for the pointer.
I added a little info about the cycle in response to an earlier post.
And I will use spell check next time lol thnx
I think that about covers it,please keep the feedback coming

Last edited by dabandit; 12-18-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Closed Thread