Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-06-2008, 04:18 AM

J.Lloy is on a distinguished road

I've read that they are like most of the pygmy angels, might nip at clams or maybe a couple other things but won't take out everything like the other large angels.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:45 AM

Alberta-newb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Gorgeous fish! Will he not bother your corals?
Well, I think like many angels finding one that is 100% "reef safe" is hit or miss from one individual to the other. Checking what other owners have stated on other forums, this species seems to have a pretty good success rate. He's only been in my tank for 2 days so I can't say if this is a "hitter" or a "misser" I have seen him nip at some of the zoas but they don't seem to be to his liking flavor wise and he leaves them alone after one taste. I'm hoping his nipping will stop once he is completely trained on prepared foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
I wonder how effective this food is. I haven't had much luck with medicated foods in my 15+ years of fishkeeping, and I definately wouldn't use it as a dip replacemet. Let us know if you see any signs that it works.
So true! I've certainly bought a lot of "snake oil" in my freshwater days. I liked the idea of a directly ingested medication as opposed to something that treats the water column but I can't say if this product is any good or not since I haven't had any parasite problems yet....I hope I never do! I will certainly keep everyone informed on this med either good or bad.

Francis
Old 12-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

nice fish I am an angel lover!! seen these come around about 4 times a year here and while I always wanted one I passed for fear that the others would beat him up and uh they are pricey aswell.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

Very nice looking goldflake you picked up. I was looking into getting one but was worried about him eating my corals, so please do keep us posted on how he reacts to your corals. My last angel fish that I picked up was a Queen around 5 inches and she was great for the first couple of weeks, then decided that corals were a great snack and hence I had to get rid of her. After that I've worried about picking up another angel, as right now I've been lucky with my scribbled not eating my corals, so I don't know how much more luck I have to risk.
I've seen may goldflakes for sale over the last couple of years here, but from your picture that really is one of the nicest colored ones.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:52 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Nice Goldflake indeed. Glad to see he made home from the shop that night ok.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988