Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 AM

Ryan_Lap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgoeujon View Post
i thought you were callin me a liar, sorry ryan lap, totally read that wrong lol
I was wondering why your panties were all in a bunch.....
Old 11-07-2008, 04:06 AM

tgoeujon is on a distinguished road

i deserved that lol, completely unbunched now though. i use the white hids in my truck just to **** people off they are super bright and my low beams are just the right height to blind everyone. i adjusted them perfectly lol
Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 AM

When I had my Honda with aftermarket white driving lights Id always get flashed on the highway. Funny that my high beams were not as bright. But those were only the plug and play bulbs.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I was just gonna ask how many people flash their highbeams back at you but sounds like you get a bunch, huh? .. I have Silverstars in my Xterra and I hate driving at night. Not because I can't see (I can see awesome) but everyone .. *everyone* has to flash their high beams at me. "Your high beams are on." -"No they're not. THESE are my high beams." 10 seconds later "Your high beams are on." -"No they're not. THESE are my high beams." 10 seconds later .. you get the picture.

One time a car in front of me pulled off, and as I passed him, he pulled back on and chased me for 20 kms flashing his high beams into my mirrors on Deerfoot. I had (at the time) a 6 month old baby in the back and I was starting to think about calling 911 because I had no idea what this guy was going to do if I got to my destination and he was still following me. I managed to lose him by faking him out and ducking off Deerfoot at the last second and he flew by the turnoff. I know it doesn't sound so menacing to read about it but this guy meant business, you really had to be there to appreciate just how scared I was (not for me I can take care of myself but for frack's sake I have a baby in the car, get a life.)

Another time I had an RCMP in front of me, he too pulled off, let me past and then turned on his Christmas lights. I pulled over, he asked me if I had my high beams on. I said, "No, here are my high beams <click>." He thanked me and that was it.

I doubled checked that my lights were aimed right (several times in fact and also had the dealership double check the aiming). I ended up lowering them anyhow, I couldn't live with this happening EVERY bloody time I had to drive out at night.

So while I think the HID lights are neat I kinda think I'm not interested in a retro kit. They are neat though. But plainly put, people in cars are dicks ..
Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I was just gonna ask how many people flash their highbeams back at you but sounds like you get a bunch, huh? .. I have Silverstars in my Xterra and I hate driving at night. Not because I can't see (I can see awesome) but everyone .. *everyone* has to flash their high beams at me. "Your high beams are on." -"No they're not. THESE are my high beams." 10 seconds later "Your high beams are on." -"No they're not. THESE are my high beams." 10 seconds later .. you get the picture.

One time a car in front of me pulled off, and as I passed him, he pulled back on and chased me for 20 kms flashing his high beams into my mirrors on Deerfoot. I had (at the time) a 6 month old baby in the back and I was starting to think about calling 911 because I had no idea what this guy was going to do if I got to my destination and he was still following me. I managed to lose him by faking him out and ducking off Deerfoot at the last second and he flew by the turnoff. I know it doesn't sound so menacing to read about it but this guy meant business, you really had to be there to appreciate just how scared I was (not for me I can take care of myself but for frack's sake I have a baby in the car, get a life.)

Another time I had an RCMP in front of me, he too pulled off, let me past and then turned on his Christmas lights. I pulled over, he asked me if I had my high beams on. I said, "No, here are my high beams <click>." He thanked me and that was it.

I doubled checked that my lights were aimed right (several times in fact and also had the dealership double check the aiming). I ended up lowering them anyhow, I couldn't live with this happening EVERY bloody time I had to drive out at night.

So while I think the HID lights are neat I kinda think I'm not interested in a retro kit. They are neat though. But plainly put, people in cars are dicks ..
Well put....
Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 AM

heyfredyourhat is on a distinguished road

What works good for ppl flashing you because they think ure high beams are on is to wait until they can actually see you switch them to low beams.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 PM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
But plainly put, people in cars are dicks ..
You could argue the inverse pretty easily Tony. When I'm driving my poor little low to the ground car and somebody comes up behind me with lights so bright I think my back seat is on fire it's rather distracting.

Blinding everyone else on the road isn't exactly un-dickish.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

I have yet to be flashed by oncoming drivers after installing the HID kit and these lights went into a truck that is already sitting much higher than cars.

Its not about how bright your headlights are but its all about where you have your headlights aimed. I had to turn my lights down 12 full rotations on the adjustment knobs before they were aimed the same way a conventional halogen bulb would project.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

non-standard bulbs = non-standard aiming procedure, makes sense.

Talking about blinding lights, could go off on a rant about the height of the lights on jacked up 4x4s when I'm in my wife's Yaris but won't.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Midget, I agree if someone were to sit that close to you that it's a bit over the top but I wasn't doing that.

I would still argue that it's more the reaction and less the initial transgression that qualifies as dickish or undickish. It's a fact of life that there are bright lights out there. I find myself being blinded all the time too, and I sit higher than your lowrider. I just use my night mode mirror when it's behind me, and I try not to stare at the headlights when it's oncoming. Unless I'm 100% certain it's highbeams (and if I'm in doubt, I'll extend the benefit of the doubt), I won't click my highbeams at someone. Besides, there's also a trick you can use, if the foglamps are on then it's not highbeams. Unless the foglamps are installed incorrectly you're not supposed to be able to have both on. So foglamps and bright lights == just bright lights. Brightlights and foglamps off == maybe its highbeams.

But let's face it getting angry over headlights is a bit... petty, no? Do we really have nothing else we can direct our aggression towards in our life?

See, here's my take. Here's a choice: Flip your mirror into night mode, or chase the person for the better part of half an hour trying to get the point across that you want to kill him? Let the punishment fit the crime. Bright headlights? If it's THAT upsetting then I'd say there is a different problem at play. Sorry, I stand by the assertion that people become jerks once behind the wheel. For all I know this person could be the nicest person you'd ever meet in person but that reaction was so far over the line, there's no conscionable defense of it.