Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-10-2008, 04:11 AM

midgetwaiter is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what I think of the S-15 report, everybody dismisses it out of hand because Aquacraft funded it. I admit that's a little smelly but it was Ron Shimek that did the work and he's got a pretty solid reputation otherwise.

I've been using the Aquacraft stuff for a year at home and at work and I'm pretty impressed. I can't really say if it's done anything wonderful for me but thousands upon thousands of gallons have been consistent and that counts for a lot in my books. I've been having really good growth lately in both my reef systems and while I hesitate to say it's because of the salt I think it may be contributing at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharuq1 View Post
I tried out the bio sea and wasn't impressed considering the price. I don't remember the specs but the alk and Ca were both not what I get from my usual salt, there was a lot of precipitate and it looked "dirty" when mixed.
That is the very first time I've heard that, most people say the opposite. Specifically that the brown gunge you get sometimes from the IO/RC or Seachem mixes is absent. Did you supplement CA or ALK while it was mixing? That will cause white precipitation some times if you aren't careful. As far that the ALK / CA levels go, it is generally lower that many of the other mixes, closer to NSW. If you want to try and run high ALK you need to add to it.