Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-11-2008, 05:48 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I thought about suggesting that one but realized, doesn't the off cycle match the on cycle? Ie., you can vary the on-off from 5 seconds to 3 minutes but if the off is as long as the on then no matter what it's set at, the pump is on 50% of the time.

I'm not sure where you could find these but I think one of these timers might fit the bill. If you find one of these can you let us know where?

repeat cycle - http://intermatic.com/Default.asp?ac...0&cid=51&did=5

percentage cycle - http://intermatic.com/Default.asp?ac...5&cid=51&did=5
Old 07-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Jim Barry is on a distinguished road

Tony,

You're right, I need a timer that I can vary the on time and off time seperately. ie) on 1 minute, off 2 minutes).

Tony, can you move this thread to the "REEF" forum. Maybe someone in another city knows where to get one that is reasonable in price.

Thanks,

Jim
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about

Will do. In the meantime, my suggestion is check with QuickGrow and BumperCrop here in town... they might have something similar.

The Intermatic website lists Home Depots, Rona, Totem.. when I enter my postal code for nearby retailers, but I'm pretty sure the big box retailers here wouldn't stock such a timer. But the thing to do maybe is look up the part# (CT1000 or whatever it is for the percentage timer, I think that one is the more promising) and then see if one of the electrical suppliers here in town (Westburne or Britelite or Litemore or etc.) could order one in for you..

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:31 PM

Alberta-newb is on a distinguished road

I used to work with instrumentation about 20 years ago, one unit called a "recycle timer" will fit the bill but they are not cheap. They can be programed with independant on off durations anywhere from about 1/10 second to hours.

Here's an example: http://www.airotronics.com/site/prod...cycle_TGKD.php

I have an old one somewhere in my house I was saving to make a wave maker 20 years ago but be darned if I can find it now I'm sure there are plenty of instrumentation suppliers locally that can source one but be prepared to pay $150 to $500 for one.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:23 PM

Jim Barry is on a distinguished road

wow... that's expensive... I think I might be better to purchase a variable speed peristaltic pump. They are about $200.00
Old 07-12-2008, 05:17 PM

That was pretty much my conclusion too. I still think you should try looking for one of these percentage timers though. I'm betting they're $50ish so it's worthwhile finding out where one could be had.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:32 PM

Any luck at the hydroponics stores Jim?
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Barry View Post
I prefer a plug in type......

I need continuous on/off over a 24 hour period. I can only find the timers that have around 10 on/off periods
I was looking for the same type of pump last year. I gave up because I couldn't find one for less than a few hundred bucks.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 07-17-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:05 AM

xtreme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Will do. In the meantime, my suggestion is check with QuickGrow and BumperCrop here in town... they might have something similar.

The Intermatic website lists Home Depots, Rona, Totem.. when I enter my postal code for nearby retailers, but I'm pretty sure the big box retailers here wouldn't stock such a timer. But the thing to do maybe is look up the part# (CT1000 or whatever it is for the percentage timer, I think that one is the more promising) and then see if one of the electrical suppliers here in town (Westburne or Britelite or Litemore or etc.) could order one in for you..

Good luck!
I used to work at Home Depot and they should be able to special order anything in from a vendor whose product they carry, intermatic being one. Bring the part number with you as they will definitely have a hard time finding it but they should be able to call for a price and get one in for you.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:48 AM

Good to hear, thanks ..

Jim I also found this...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/INTERMATIC-CT-100...2em118Q2el1247