Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-28-2003, 03:01 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

and thats the point I am trying to make, Naesco you are so fanatical that you come across as more worried about putting stores out of buisness instead of helping people.. you know when people screw up and make buys they shouldent of.. 99% of the stores will not let you return a fish because you didn't take the time to learn about it befor you bought it.. so why don't we try to help people create a enviorment in which this species "Might" be able to survive instead of just telling him to take it back.. True it shoulden't have been sold or bought, but the store isn't the only one at fault in this purchase, there must be a demand for them (wether it is right or not) or else it would not have been ordered.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:31 AM

kgb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kgb

thanks for all the advice guys. and i agree you are being a tald bit fanatical. second off it was my girlfriend who bought it ( this is not a cop out). i pretty much decided i will keep it. the only thing i am worried about is if it dies will it wreck havock on my 20 gal tank? any ways it seems to be doing fiune and i do 1 20% water change a week and have been feeding my corals and clam with phytoplankton so it should have tons of food.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:36 AM

naesco is on a distinguished road

When a knowledgeable LFS sells a newbie's girlfriend a critter that the world knows is impossible to keep, I will back the reefer 100% of the time.

The only way they will learn is to suffer the loss and then they wont import them again.
Old 03-28-2003, 03:41 AM

kgb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kgb

hahaha first off i aint saying where i got it but i will say this. lfs dont give a ****. sorry for the swear word but they dont. when i was trying to sell louhan stock here in calgary i had to meet most of the owners of the lfs and they dont care . they will do what they want because people just wont back a cause. so in 2 weeks when the smoke clears and every one forgets this they will just start shopping there again.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:29 AM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

it's such a dissapointment to see an LFS lowering their standards... most of us refuse to buy at petcetera and some of us have issues with big al's, why aren't we boycotting our preferred shops for their crimes. the great lie of capitalism is that consumers have a collective voice, but i think in this case it might almost be true. *some* LFS owners respect their client (i hope), i know LFS X responded reasonably favourably when a certain individual wrote them about their stocking powder blue tangs, if we really have a problem with it, we do have the power to do something about it.

perhaps the easiest thing we can do is ensure other reefers educate themselves before they buy, and tell our girlfriends and boyfriends not to buy us livestock

sorry if that sounded really disjointed, it's past my bedtime and i'm struggling with a paper.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 03-30-2003, 09:53 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

Only one small comment from me- research before buying

We should all take the time to learn how to properply care for the animals we keep, and not purchase animals or corals just because they look beautiful. Animals need respect- it's not like buying a new screwdriver or a pair of new shoes.

Rich

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium