Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 07-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

I have a cell phone with no camera or any of that fancy stuff that I just keep in my purse for emergencies, or to call the significant other (our phones are linked). Every single time I pick it up it has three or four messages from spammers. If they charge me ONE FREAKING CENT for spam I will smash the cell phone with a hammer and never get another one. That is ridiculous.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:32 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't go as far as saying Telus will create spam but at 0.15 can't seeing them discouraging it.

Last edited by mark; 07-14-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:21 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Ha - at least half the spam I receive is from Telus trying to sell me more products or services.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:56 PM

spanky is on a distinguished road

My contract is up in december and i think i will tell telus to kiss something and go with another company lol.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:58 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

My next phone will be an unlocked phone of some kind, and I will go with whatever provider offers the best deal, with no contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
My contract is up in december and i think i will tell telus to kiss something and go with another company lol.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:47 PM

BC564 is on a distinguished road

The text message charge is only for people that have no text package. They have always charged for outgoing texts but never incoming......so if you have a unlimited text package or whatever....your not charged .....I have never received a text spam from anyone....
Old 07-15-2008, 07:14 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

The only spam text messages I get are from Telus and Rogers.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:21 PM

drydock is on a distinguished road
Default Good now, but not if it get's popular

Hi,

I have several friends with Telus TV and they have never complained. I was talking to our IT 'guy' at work and he explained to me the issue with bandwidth. Cable companies seem to be spending a lot more on developing their infrastructure than phone companies. (His opinion, I don't know if it is fact or not) If that is the case, the more people that use the service in a community, the more bandwidth it will eat up from the system - the same argument they make about why you shouldn't go with a cable internet connection. The limited bandwidth and 2 TV boxes per house is their way of delaying the inevitable. If it gets too popular, the system will crash if it isn't updated.

So, if it works for you, enjoy it. (And tell all your neighbors that it is lousy!) I'm sticking with the cable company...
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Well, I finally got my Telus TV installed today.

My installer works for Telus & is NOT a contractor, so that was a huge plus. He's been doing this for 29 years, so he's very experienced. Great guy, easy to talk to & willing to set up everything the way I wanted it. (ie. now I can run a line out to the deck in the back & watch TV in the summer outside)

Tested the speed & I'm gettin 11 mbs on the high speed internet consistently. Woohoo.

Can't wait to use my free PVR.

I got to watch the Canadians destroy the Russians in High Def, as well as Cdn women win Gold & Silver in Bobsledding & Silver in Speedskating Relay.

Awesome. Very, very happy that I made the switch so far.

I'll still be saving close to $700 over the next year over my Shaw bill.

I now have highspeed wireless internet for my wife and her 11 mbs will NOT slow down my own internet connection.

And after they come disconnect & pick up their equipment, I won't have to deal with those liars at Shaw. This whole situation has really soured me on Shaw.

Can't wait until I can bundle my Telus Mobility & Telus internet/tv/digital phone together & save even more.

Anthony
Old 02-25-2010, 05:58 PM
bvlester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHorse_Fanatic View Post
Well, I finally got my Telus TV installed today.

My installer works for Telus & is NOT a contractor, so that was a huge plus. He's been doing this for 29 years, so he's very experienced. Great guy, easy to talk to & willing to set up everything the way I wanted it. (ie. now I can run a line out to the deck in the back & watch TV in the summer outside)

Tested the speed & I'm gettin 11 mbs on the high speed internet consistently. Woohoo.

Can't wait to use my free PVR.

I got to watch the Canadians destroy the Russians in High Def, as well as Cdn women win Gold & Silver in Bobsledding & Silver in Speedskating Relay.

Awesome. Very, very happy that I made the switch so far.

I'll still be saving close to $700 over the next year over my Shaw bill.

I now have highspeed wireless internet for my wife and her 11 mbs will NOT slow down my own internet connection.

And after they come disconnect & pick up their equipment, I won't have to deal with those liars at Shaw. This whole situation has really soured me on Shaw.

Can't wait until I can bundle my Telus Mobility & Telus internet/tv/digital phone together & save even more.

Anthony
Telus has only been doing this version of their TV for the last 8-10 months so he is not as expierionced as you thing. IPTV is a whole new ball game I worked fro MTS in Winnipeg and installed their TV. MTS TV is different and is a better product one reciever can conect as many TV's as you want but you can only watch different programming on 3 for the TV's at the same time wireless removes you do not have to be in the same room to change chanels.

Telus TV can only have 2 boxes working at one time because they work on the ADSL network and have to be hardwired to the router that is installed. When I worked at Telus in Edmonton I was one of the first 7 to start getting the training for Telus TV but the union put a stop to Telus TV. Telus TV could be a better produce if they used the Fiber that us contractors have put in and go with active filters run a net drop to the house and then you could have as many TV's as you want on the system. Telus did this in Edmonton and Calgary back in 1995-2000 then Entwhistle scrapted the project. Apparently there was alot of people that were mad over that as the end product was way better than what Shaw had. I even believe that there was one customer that wanted to buy the system off Telus. Telus said no and it sat. I do believe the headend equipment in Edmonton and Calgary are now being used for the new Telus TV project. Telus borrowed one of theguys That Built the head end in Winnipeg to build one in BC. I wish Telus all the best with this project because it can open alot of technical areas for the future.

Telus statalite is supose to be great and is a better deal than what Bell gives and yes Telus and Bell are teamed up on these projects they signed contracts last year.

Bill

Last edited by bvlester; 02-25-2010 at 06:00 PM.