Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-18-2008, 06:23 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

No seriously, you didn't have fish that size in a 10g.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:17 AM

nanoreefer is on a distinguished road

sorry guys that was a bad joke somone eles typed that out it was 40g not a 10 oh well it just ads to the rest of the stuff that as happened today, please dont think i would put a lion trigger or eel in a 10g unfortunatley noonelse realises the diffrence between a 10g fish tank a 40g fish tank, please dont think iam that stupid my sister dosenot understand the importance of the diffrence between a 1 and a 4, and i know a hydrometer is inacurate but i cant see well enough to use a refractometer or i would have one, i hope i havent lost anyones respect or anything(if i had any)
Old 03-18-2008, 07:24 AM

skylord is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of things I would like to say here but........please do these animals a favor and not buy or receive anymore until you have a home set up for them and the proper testing equipment. Seahorses are not going to be able to wait 3 months in a 10g tank.

Scott
Old 03-21-2008, 01:54 PM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

I'd like to put in my 2 cents here about a refractometer...
The eye piece is adjustable to almost any eyesight, IMO if you can see the numbers on the crappy swing arm, you should be able to see just as well in the refractometer if not better

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w
Old 03-21-2008, 07:17 PM

nanoreefer is on a distinguished road

i bought some new test kits and got someone to look at them for me and got the LFS to test the water, and every thing checked out trates are at 10-20 and everything eles is 0 except for high phosphates but i dont think that matters, then i test the water i used for the WCs and the PH was like 7.4 so the only thing i can think of is they died of PH shock witch makes sence because the eel died after i did another large 30% WC after i found the trigger dead, but for some reason the lion is still healthy, it looks like i have to let the water sit for afew days before i can use it for WCs

about the refractometer i tried several times to use one, i can see ware the blue and white meet but the lines are so darn small and i cant even see the numbers,

and my 75g is getting plumed and leak tested today WOOT!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 PM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefer View Post
about the refractometer i tried several times to use one, i can see ware the blue and white meet but the lines are so darn small and i cant even see the numbers,
There is another alternative which is this gadget which I'm actually thinking of getting myself for my larger system (I'll keep using the refractometer for my smaller tanks) it measures the salt concentration and it's got huge numbers!!
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/s...uct_ID=pp-msal

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w