Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM

robzilla is on a distinguished road

coming along nicely
Old 03-01-2008, 04:49 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

TY.

Is it just me or when you buy new coral you have to reorg your entire tank in order to get it to stay somewhere you want it?
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:34 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuappo View Post
TY.

Is it just me or when you buy new coral you have to reorg your entire tank in order to get it to stay somewhere you want it?
Yep, pretty much! Then you'll have to rearrange a few more times when you find out the new coral doesn't like the spot you picked.

SPS fanatic.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Added some new pics

just 8 new Misc pics of my tank and some of its residents.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

Old 03-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Cool...looking good! I love the Tobacco Bass....neat.

How's the cuc doing?

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 03-04-2008, 05:22 PM

the cuc is doing better, not great but better. i have adjusted my flow away from him and hes starting to perk up a little now. thanks for asking. i love the tobbacco bass as well. i thought the rusty angel had its own personallity but the bass is the most mellow and odd fish in my tank . its funny how he lays down i certain parts of the tank, like hess just going to CHILL for a while. plus his eyes are insane. they are either any shade of Blue or Green depending on how the light hits them .

Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

Your Tobacco Bass looks cool.

I have a Chalk Bass and a Highfin Perchlet in my RSM. The Perchlet sounds like it is very similar in behaviour to your Tobacco Bass.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM

cool i was going to get a chalk bass initally but then i saw the tobbacco in the next tank and well made my choice. still looking for another type of similar fish be it another bass or not, i just really like his mannerisms.

Brent do you have any pics of the perchlet?

Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road

No, It has only been in the tank a couple days so is still pretty shy. He's perched out front at dusk but hides much of the day and sleeps in a cave at night.

Also, my cheap camera stopped working on the weekend. I bought a new camera last night so will hopefully get a picture of it soon – I’ll have to see what kind of pictures I can get with the “Aquarium” mode.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:19 PM

i have 3 underwater settings on mine the only one thats decent is the macro. but its for UNDERWATER. i need to give this a try jsut worried the camera will leak .

Cool look forward to seeing it

Have fun with the new camera.