Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

tha snail is a narcissus snail
Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Banned

Mattgesy is on a distinguished road

so i went out today to figure out what i can do with my sump and just nosed around fishstores and just looked around, and then i got excited and bought fish lol, oopsie! i told myself i was going to take it slow and i couldnt handle myself, so i just bought 2 chromis to help with the tank, and they are doing great i tested my water and no nitrates or anything, well alittle bit, but i am sure it's fine will add pictures later
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 AM
Banned

so i hope everyone can help me
i have a fishlist of fish that i would like, i read up on them and have for awhile what do you think

Fish i would like

2 more Chromis
Jawfish, Yellowhead
yellow tang
blue tang
Firefish
2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Bicolor Blenny
assorted hermit crabs
Cleaner Shrimp
Blood Red Fire Shrimp
Peppermint Shrimp
assorted snails
Old 02-23-2008, 06:34 AM

nikon187 is on a distinguished road

bristle worms are a good part of your clean up crew.. Your fish list looks good other than 2 tangs won't work in that tank for very long unless bought very small.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

yeah i opted out on tangs for a tank, becuase i feel bad for them

so my tank update!
I been thru the horrable brown algea which is now gone and has moved into the lovely hair algea, i bought some turbos and a couple of blue legged hermits to clean that up, and they are doing wonderful doing it, still just have the Chromis in the tank, i have 4 which are always a blast to watch
other then that, i fixed my sump with a mini refugium, with some algea types and a 24hour light, other then that, just doing the nice slow waiting game
Old 03-01-2008, 06:54 PM

seanoman is on a distinguished road

Yellow Headed Jawfish are the coolest fish but also one of the most frustrating fish I have ever had. They will find any way possible to get out of a tank. I have had three and all of them have lasted about 3 months and then all of a sudden they decide to be jumpers and I have found them all dead on the floor. It is truely sad because they are such a gorgeous fish with a lot of personality.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

ok sorry for the lack of updates, been busy in the house!
other then my bubble coral pretty much on the brink of dieing, everything is going wonderful, wait i lied! i have algea from HELL, i have lawnmore blenny and hes not doing the job, i have cut down my lighting to like nothing, and i am still getting algea, i have every type in the book of algea i swear! lol
it will all work out

Matt
pictures coming soon!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM

michika is on a distinguished road

In regards to your cleaner shrimp on your list, you may want to look at going with a pair of either skunk cleaner shrimp or blood shrimp. One of each don't do well together unless they are in a larger system. By having a pair they may join up and spawn, their eggs make great food for your system.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM

ElGuappo is on a distinguished road

I have had my pearly jawfish for 7 monthes now hes was in the first 3 fish i added. he has never jumped with the exception of when i had an insane nitrite spike. do you have a sand bed? if not it is highly recommeded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanoman View Post
Yellow Headed Jawfish are the coolest fish but also one of the most frustrating fish I have ever had. They will find any way possible to get out of a tank. I have had three and all of them have lasted about 3 months and then all of a sudden they decide to be jumpers and I have found them all dead on the floor. It is truely sad because they are such a gorgeous fish with a lot of personality.
72 Gallon Bowfront Reef.. Hardware:2x250w Luminex Elite HQI Reflectors (Phoenix Hexarc Bulbs), Galaxy 2x250w Electronic ballast, Euroreef 130 Skimmer, Sedra KSP 7000 Retern... Live Stock: Pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse, Leopard Wrasse, Pink Streaked Wrasse, Pair True Percula Clowns, Potters Angel, African Flameback Angel, Orange Fin Tomini Tang, Yellow Assessor, Tailspot Blenny, Purple Firefish..

45 G FW Asain Barb Community tank.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Banned

yeah i think i may go with just the normal cleaner shrimp. becuase i like them better
i havent desided in a fish/invert to move around my sandbed and yes i do have one. i just got a firefish that dispeared on me, only had him for 2 days, i forgot they where jumpers, but i havent found him on the floor or anything (weird) lol other then that, i am just battling my stupid algea fight grrs!